Sign in to follow this  

Do they still make supermoto slicks!?

I know it's sad but true that supermoto is deminishing in America. I swear they don't make supermoto slicks anymore, there are just a few tires left roaming around in stock. I've been trying to find a medium/soft compound 120/60-17 front. Any brand preferably Dunlop, Bridgestone, or Maxxis. But have had no luck. Anyone recommend from a website or anything?

Thanks!

they still make them.. michelin are the cream but shinko makes them for the public to buy by the masses. is there any reason you dont want a taller profile? you can find them on ebay amd mainly at tracks

they still make them.. michelin are the cream but shinko makes them for the public to buy by the masses. is there any reason you dont want a taller profile? you can find them on ebay amd mainly at tracks

Michelin are the cream?

I'm not buying a Shinko, poor track tire.

Why do you say a poor track tire???

It had horrible performance compared to the Dunlops I've ridden on.

But they are the hard compound though.

is it cold where you live or at least colder ambient temp then california bay area?

was the dunlops your had cut slicks?

is it cold where you live or at least colder ambient temp then california bay area?

was the dunlops your had cut slicks?

Yes.

No cut slicks.

Did you use warmers??? mine are the med :thumbsup:

Did you use warmers??? mine are the med :thumbsup:

Don't have warmers. But, I'm sure a 20 min moto on the track brings them up to temp. And they still suck.

Don't have warmers. But, I'm sure a 20 min moto on the track brings them up to temp. And they still suck.

haven't had any problems with mine :thumbsup:

From the guys over here racing they rank them Dunlop, bridgestone then michelin. The dunlops are hard to find any in Australia which is making for some unhappy racers. The market is so small the importer hasn't brought any into AU for a while, they're looking overseas to get some.

Cold temps and hard compound tires do not mix:bonk: The bad reviews about the Shinko's that I have ever heard were from people that had never tried them.

Bridgestone sumo slicks here:

http://factoryproracing.com/Supermoto_Tires.html

Exactly and I have heard form some that have tried them didn't have the pressures set correctly :smirk:

I play with my pressures on my Shinkos and well they work great for a $170.00 set of tires and even in 38 degree weather :smirk:

I ran dunlops on my 250F, and on my 450SMR it came with a set of Maxxis slicks, and i ran them this weekend for the first time and had no issues with them. I like the michlens too, so I am a tire whore.....but I am gonna run these maxxis till they are used up, then either go with Dunlops again, or michlens. I dunno about shinkos, havent heard anything good about them cept the price.