Do they still make supermoto slicks!?

I know it's sad but true that supermoto is deminishing in America. I swear they don't make supermoto slicks anymore, there are just a few tires left roaming around in stock. I've been trying to find a medium/soft compound 120/60-17 front. Any brand preferably Dunlop, Bridgestone, or Maxxis. But have had no luck. Anyone recommend from a website or anything?

Thanks!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It had horrible performance compared to the Dunlops I've ridden on.

But they are the hard compound though.

is it cold where you live or at least colder ambient temp then california bay area?

was the dunlops your had cut slicks?

Cold temps and hard compound tires do not mix:bonk: The bad reviews about the Shinko's that I have ever heard were from people that had never tried them.

Bridgestone sumo slicks here:

http://factoryproracing.com/Supermoto_Tires.html

Exactly and I have heard form some that have tried them didn't have the pressures set correctly ?

I play with my pressures on my Shinkos and well they work great for a $170.00 set of tires and even in 38 degree weather ?

I ran dunlops on my 250F, and on my 450SMR it came with a set of Maxxis slicks, and i ran them this weekend for the first time and had no issues with them. I like the michlens too, so I am a tire whore.....but I am gonna run these maxxis till they are used up, then either go with Dunlops again, or michlens. I dunno about shinkos, havent heard anything good about them cept the price.