Sign in to follow this  

Shift marks on boots?

My boots have always had some shift marks, but after today, I went for a short ride, laid down the bike at like 10mph, but after I got back from work I saw them and the shift mark is dark black and very visible. Twice as bad as it's ever been, btw they're Thor quad 2s.

How bad do shift marks usually get? Anyone have any pics? I can upload some if ya want.

Peace.

um it's boots you wear them on a track who cares about marks on them?

Yeah haha, they're still darker then I would prefer....

They get so bad that I look at them in the garage and cry at what my shifter has done to my once nice boots. My advice, just stop riding and start waxing the boots.

They get so bad that I look at them in the garage and cry at what my shifter has done to my once nice boots. My advice, just stop riding and start waxing the boots.

Good idea, I think I'll also stop wearing my helmet so it doesn't get dirty when I crash xD:thumbsup:

Soft scrubb it or tooth paste with a tooth brush works good on white plastic with black marks that wont come off with simple green an things like that.

Mr. Clean magic eraser also works well on white plastic. Although I say who cares about shift marks on your boots? Gives them character. :thumbsup:

Wow grub I know we don't see eye to eye on political matters but we do agree on this. :thumbsup:

Just take some Simple Green or some type of cleaner and a Scotch Brite Pad and clean the marks....The more you use the boots, the more the marks show up....I wear white Tech 10's....and just depending on how much riding and shifting I do, Sometimes the marks are big and sometimes there small........So I just clean them up and there ready for another ride......its no big deal........Its part of the sport........

Wow grub I know we don't see eye to eye on political matters but we do agree on this. :thumbsup:

Well don't expect me to make a contribution to Obama's campaign ok.........:confused:

I just buy black boots everytime ..... I like the look of white boots, but they aren't practical unless you're a factory rider who gets new (free) boots everytime they start looking shabby.

Just my opinion ... but my daughter insists on white boots, so I'm over ruled.

Well don't expect me to make a contribution to Obama's campaign ok.........:confused:

I was hoping more like the Ron Paul campaign. He wears big boots you know and doesn't worry about scuffs!!:thumbsup:

hehehe when i get new boots i try to dirty them up right away because i hate the new gear noob look,not sayin your a noob,i just like my gear lookin like i ride in it,i also hate buying new toolbelts and fix my old ones way to long.

Winner! I've been a member here for several years..03' I think, thought I'd seen all questions asked, but worried about shift marks on your boot? really? Are you just trolling?

We are talking dirtbike here right?

Those who worry about shift marks on their white boots should take up golf. Or bowling. Ladies league!

dude seriously who gives a rats ass. i didnt even notice that my boots had shift marks on them until i saw this thread. its dirtbiking. dirt gets things dirty. we dont have to look like a supermodel everytime we hit the track. i wash my jersey and pants so they dont smell like shit and scrub the padding on my helmet so it doesnt smell like shit and then i spray boot spray into my boot so it doesnt smell like SHIT. who cares how it looks. if i see a guy who has three pairs of pants and jerseys and they are all clean after her gets done on the track then i know he sucks at riding. dirty is a good thing. i love when my bike has roost all over the number plate. that means i was doing something. its a dirtbike it should get dirty and while you are on it, you and your clothes will probably be dirty as well, so who cares. if you really do care that much, then every 5 times you ride, scrub all your stuff down and throw whatever pads and pannts and jerseys you can in the washer and then just scrub your boots and helmet down and BOOM! your done and you look like a model again

Winner! I've been a member here for several years..03' I think, thought I'd seen all questions asked, but worried about shift marks on your boot? really? Are you just trolling?

We are talking dirtbike here right?

Haha thanks... I don't mind when it's a little dark, but when the whole left side of my boot looks like you rubbed a piece of coal into it for an hour it's a little degrading to the boot, IMO.

Idk, maybe I should consider cleaning them xD

hehehe when i get new boots i try to dirty them up right away because i hate the new gear noob look,not sayin your a noob,i just like my gear lookin like i ride in it,i also hate buying new toolbelts and fix my old ones way to long.

Oh I am a n00b by every definition :confused: haven't gotten the balls to jump a 7ft double yet :worthy: I blame it on my bald tires though :thumbsup: