Sign in to follow this  

OK guys, i need advice like NOW please

Ok here's the situation, I own a 1997 RM125, with a FRESHLY plated top end by millineum tech., stock fatty, and a r304 silencer, suspension is good and solid, bearings are all good, internals are all great, this bike has ALMOST no problems.

Problems with the RM-

The left side of the case has a small crack by the drain plug

the radiators are bent up pretty good on both sides.

could def use fenders front and back.

everything else is STOCK.

NOW I HAVE THE CHOICE to trade my RM to a 02 yamaha warrior and in turn trade that warrior to my buddy who has my old CR125R, it has new front and rear fender and number plate, a Platinum series fatty, R304 shorty, Vforce3 reeds and new tires.

THE BAD-

Ok im looking at it right now and the front left fork seal is leaking a little bit, the front wheel bearings are a little bit messed up, the top end is new but doesnt have near the compression that my RM does, yet is has ALOT more power than my rm, the rear wheel bearings are shot, the back brake caliper flops around a little bit (the holder is broken so it goes up and down a little bit) it's leaking a little oil out of the seal where the front sprocket is and it has a little noise in the bottom end and im not quite sure what it is. I split the case when i had it and installed new bearings and used the seals from the old case because they were fine to use.

What should i do? keep my RM and let him trade the CR or trade my RM and then get my CR back? THANKS!:thumbsup:

Wow thats a pickle, Id sell the RM for as much as you can get in that area and look for something newer without all the problems. You can get great running 125's for a grand all day long....but on the bad side, your RM will prolly only bring about 400. The cracked case is a killer for me.

Wow thats a pickle, Id sell the RM for as much as you can get in that area and look for something newer without all the problems. You can get great running 125's for a grand all day long....but on the bad side, your RM will prolly only bring about 400. The cracked case is a killer for me.

Well i would agree but the resale around here is HIGH, like i could get a grand easy for my RM, on the down side, other newer bikes are high also, like i was told by the shop thats about to sponsor me that if i were to trade my bike in they would give me around 1200-1400 for my bike on trade in... so lol

No matter what you're gonna be doing repairs, so if the CR is an 01 (the one in your signature?) go with that since it's 4 years newer...It has a new top end, fairly new bearings, more power, and no crack in the case, right?

No matter what you're gonna be doing repairs, so if the CR is an 01 (the one in your signature?) go with that since it's 4 years newer...It has a new top end, fairly new bearings, more power, and no crack in the case, right?

Yeah, but it's leaking from the case, the bearings are shot, front and back, front is ghetto and in need of repair, The RM has WAY less problems. i can split the case and put a new case half on it no problem. then NO problems.

Yeah, but it's leaking from the case, the bearings are shot, front and back, front is ghetto and in need of repair, The RM has WAY less problems. i can split the case and put a new case half on it no problem. then NO problems.

Wheel bearings are no biggie, plastics are no biggie, fork seals so so, replacing the case seals (and probably the bearings again) is so so (but everything is fairly cheap and you sound like you can do it all yourself)...Buying a used case half and hoping for the best is no bueno...Keep in mind I think whatever you choose is fine, I'm just throwing a different perspective out to you...