1998 RM 250 stator wiring

Hey there. So RM stator sold me a stator with 4 wires, a red (goes to red/black), a white (goes to red/white), and two yellows ( must go to the 2 other yellow wires). Now heres the deal, i bought the bike with this new stator and i dont have the old one, i got a new cdi box, it doesnt have spark still ! Looking into a wiring diagram, the stator says its supposed to have a ground. Does it ground to the engine cases, or is there an actual wire thats supposed to run off it an ground ?

I would check out the parts diagram online, this will help you out the most. Like a lot of bikes some are on the frame the majority of the time.

Hey there. So RM stator sold me a stator with 4 wires, a red (goes to red/black), a white (goes to red/white), and two yellows ( must go to the 2 other yellow wires). Now heres the deal, i bought the bike with this new stator and i dont have the old one, i got a new cdi box, it doesnt have spark still ! Looking into a wiring diagram, the stator says its supposed to have a ground. Does it ground to the engine cases, or is there an actual wire thats supposed to run off it an ground ?

I also have a 98 rm 250. My factory stator has 6 wires 4 yellow a red/black and red/white. One of the yellow wires is screws to the stator plate as a ground. The new stator from RMSTATOR only has 4 wires red white and two yellow wires. Can you guys help me out on wiring the new stator to my factory stator harnes?

My factory stator has four yellow wires one is a ground that leaves three yellow wires on factory and only two yellow wires on the new stator.

Let me wake this old bitch up so I can maybe get to the bottom of this wiring.

2001 RM 250 = 2x yellow 1x red/blk 1x red/wht

New Stator = 2x yellow 1x red 1x white

The yellow wires on the new stator are larger 12g wire while the red and white wires are more like 16g. The RM250 is the opposite in the fact that the Yellow wires are smaller 16g while the red/blk red/wht wires are larger 12g. This is throwing me off a little because the stator is a generic and I dont think they follow color codes..

Should I just stop overthinking it and use common sense with the color codes?

You guys get anywhere with this? Are you still alive? Anybody else want to chime in???

Edited by oofreakoo

I would disregard the color codes just in case they are wrong. It will be easy to figure out which wires match up if you have the manual. Please post a picture of the wiring diagram if you can. You will need a multimeter. There are two sets of coils. Measure the resistance between the wires and record those values. We should be able to match up the values that you measure with the values that are given in the manual.