CRF250r Won't cold Start.

G'day guys,

Iv'e got a 2005 CRF250R that iv'e just purchased.

It was fine for the first week or 2 when i had it, it started first or second kick now it doesn't want to cold kick over at all, although it push starts fine.

Iv'e checked the valve clearances they are all within specs and iv'e just had the Carby professional cleaned out and re-assembled, Changed the fuel yet it's hard to start still.

Sometimes it starts for about a second or 2 then shuts off again.

Where should i look next? Change the plug?

Cheers guys,

Deneo.

Did you have a temperature change (in the weather)? In that case it could be the jetting.

Otherwise maybe your filter is too freshly oiled?

Not much of a temperature change and I've tried with several different air filters. I'm completely stumped. I'm thinking i'll get a new plug tomorrow just in-case.

Maybe it's the valves seat and the valves that are not tight, did you change your valves recently?

Valves were done recently, id'e say about 10-15 hours ago. Full top end rebuild, But i'm not going to rule the valves and seats out, Sounds plausible.

iv'e just had the Carby professional cleaned out and re-assembled

Did your issue arise after? If so, those guys probably messed up something in reassembling your carb. Just my 2 cents, but you should look into this.

does it start fine after its warmed up? Maybe your not priming it enough when its cold. I usually have to twist my throttle 5 times to get mine going when the engine is cold.

When cold: pump the throttle 5 times. Choke on. Find TDC. Kick with NO GAS.

Guys, his starting technique has probably nothing to do with the issue since ...

It was fine for the first week or 2 when i had it, it started first or second kick now it doesn't want to cold kick over at all, although it push starts fine.

Guys, his starting technique has probably nothing to do with the issue since ...

Your probably right. He also said that his head was reciently rebuilt. Or so the previous owner said............... Check your valves again. If the previous owner just shimmed them chances are they are tight again.

Valves were shimmed the day i picked it up, I checked the clearances about a week or so ago and they were within specs. I'll check them again today. it's got colder since iv'e brought the bike but i wouldn't have thought it was that much of a difference, it starts fine when the bikes hot. I'm going to replace the plug for piece of mind today and see how i go. I got it started last night and It started bogging down when i revved it and then flooded after a few pumps, Does that have to do with my idle speed or?

Does a pumo consist of a full turn of the accelerator?

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated.

Cheers for the replies guys, Went out thismorning and she started first kick twice..So i have no idea what's going on...I'm just happy it's starting again.

Check the valves or probably needs priming the throttle and she should fire up!