Sign in to follow this  

650r running way rich

Hello , I just bought an 02 :thumbsup: Looks like very low miles, maybe original front tire. . It has been uncorked by the PO`s . new carb boot, 68s , 175 jets , stock tip drilled , air box opened up. I have cleaned the carb but will do it again . It wont idle at all, it is very hard to start, and it is real jerky . What is this brass thing next to the pilot jet? It looks like a jet with no screwdriver slot. I don`t have one . Will it make it run way rich ? P.S. It does have a ton of midrange power, but no low end at all.

What is this brass thing next to the pilot jet? It looks like a jet with no screwdriver slot. I don`t have one . Will it make it run way rich ?

Never mind this :confused:

I must have been looking at a different carb in a pic. I found my pilot was dirty. I don`t have enough patience when doing things like carb work. :thumbsup:

I think I have narrowed it down to too much oil . Oil is spitting into the air cleaner causing all my problems. :thumbsup:

After all this I noticed the PO or somebody did not put the needle jet back in . I did not realize it should have been in there. I assumed all the parts were in it. I finally got it running and started it with my fake CROCK water shoes ( after it was warm ) . It starts on the first or second GOOD kick. :thumbsup:

Since no one else has chimed in yet, make sure you are checking the oil level WARM just after running the bike. Oil drains from the frame after sitting and will appear low, when it is not.

Get the full service manual if you have not already.

Since no one else has chimed in yet, make sure you are checking the oil level WARM just after running the bike. Oil drains from the frame after sitting and will appear low, when it is not.

Get the full service manual if you have not already.

or download the on out of the FAQ page.