03 CR250 Rekluse EXP 2.0

my latest,,,this bike has such a great clutch I know this was not a big needed item but I am using it in hare scrambles and singletrack and I have been a Rekluse user for years so I couldn't wait to try this new version in a 2 stroke so

the 2.0 is a updated heavier duty version similar to the Trail unit I have in my 08 450XCW-R...which was awsome. clutch lever feel is no different than with out auto clutch.

http://www.rekluse.com/trail.shtml

I have had all models of rekluses..in 2 and 4 strokes....so

this EXP 2 was VERY easy to install as they claim....with a juice clutch the installation would have been even easier....but I adjusted the cable and rode it...

I need to put all steel plates in vs the 4 remaining aluminum ones...you loose one friction disc with my application if you count both sides of the EXP unit.

I will have the the rest of the steel plates today.

The kit came with stiffer clutch springs which made my butter smooth Honda CR feel like my 2002 Husqvarna CR lever pull....don't care for that but thats about all I can complain about...

I have it set for higher rpm engagement with all blue springs...may go back to the red/blue springs for med engagement...rode it about 30 minutes and like it. I know if you don't need or want a auto clutch then this post is a pile....but thought maybe some auto clutch users might find it useful but as alway this is IMO

I think that your post is a very useful review for those that are considering an auto clutch but aren't sure. Thank you for posting.

A year ago I thought that I'd never like an auto clutch. After trying one I was sold. I now have Rekluse Z Start Pros in our two CR250s and a Revloc Dyna Ring in our KDX200.

why is the clutch pull so hard, i ask because i had a z start and didn't like it because you could not use the clutch manully without it tring to pull the lever out of your hand. sometime we go up hills so big that the auto just can handle it because you need to keep the rpms on the motor up and slip the clutch more or less to keep from spinning or looping.

How much they cost?

The Rekluse EXP is $399 (I assume 2.0 is the same pricing?).

I'm running Rekluse z-Start Pro in my 03 CR250 which runs $600. I use it primarily for trail, sees almost no track time. I would say that this is the best money I've ever invested. I bet I've made that money back in clutch plates and tires in the first season.

The Rekluse EXP is $399 (I assume 2.0 is the same pricing?).

I'm running Rekluse z-Start Pro in my 03 CR250 which runs $600. I use it primarily for trail, sees almost no track time. I would say that this is the best money I've ever invested. I bet I've made that money back in clutch plates and tires in the first season.

typo, try $899

I love my rekluse pro in my CR500, I can't say enough about how much I like it. Just gotta have the A game on though, it's silly fast with that clutch is ridden properly, way faster than I could consider with a stock clutch.

I really like the easy feather pull of the rekluse pro. I wanted a EXP until I thought about the consequences of a harder pull, ie more like stock.

the lever pull feel is because of the stiffer clutch springs. This model give you a real clutch feel as the "EXP unit" only replaces a couple of fibers and steel discs that all. no taking out the inner basket and so,

click on the rkluse link in my first post. the EXP 2 is $399, the CORE EXP system is $899.

z-start is no longer made only the z-start PRO which has some lever feel when revved up.

what about getting one of those easy pull levers/perch setups to restore some of the feel? iam gonna install a 2.0 on my 11 crf250r today,iam coming from the zstart on a 450.i like that you can bump start it if need be witha small adjustment.

I may be exagerating the lever pull a little...but it is more firm on my 2 stroke with the heavier springs.....but I am sure they are needed to prevent excess slipage with the discs

bomax...post your experience when you get it in.....I ran into some trouble getting the cable adjusted long enough to not have engine drag and kill the engine.

I am going to try a ball bearing at the end of the push rod under the throw out bearing.

• Like 1

Hi IiI200 l have a 03 cr250r , did the ball bearing at the end of the push rod work for you, l have the same problem, l have the EXP 3.0.