Sign in to follow this  

husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com NOW ALIVE!!!

Thanks for the heads up! Nice clean website design. Finally!

Looks good. :thumbsup:

They list the TXC511 with a 2.5 gallon tank. My TE511 holds 2.2

WOW, Halls, Bills and Taskys missing from dealer list. Wow, just wow. I'm sure there are a lot more but these are fairly big names in the husky world.

At least they got this in there so people can stop complaining...

Model Year 2011 - Motorcycle Warranty

All non-modified 599cc and under 4-stroke Enduro and Supermoto models come with a six-month/unlimited mileage warranty against manufacturing defects and workmanship that covers parts and labor. This includes the TE250 / 310 / 449 / 511 and SM449 / 511 models.

All non-modified 600cc+ displacement Enduro and Supermoto models come with a one-year/unlimited mileage warranty against manufacturing defects and workmanship that covers parts and labor. This includes both the TE630 and SMS630 models.

All other Husqvarna motorcycles are sold as off-road competition racing bikes. Due to the extreme demands and severe conditions these machines are subject to, no comprehensive warranty can be offered. A limited 30-day warranty is offered on all bikes against manufacturing defects and workmanship. This warranty covers parts only. Includes: All Motocross, Cross-Country and 2-stroke Enduro models: CR150; TC250 / 449; TXC250 / 449 / 511; WR150 / 250 / 300.

Wow, site looks nice but the dealer list IS JACKED up! The dealership in Flagstaff, AZ, hasn't been a HSQ dealer for at least 3 years... couldn't sell enough bikes and were required to stock the entire line, including the bikes that just aren't popular here...

Just visited with the Husqvarna NA brass yesterday. The "official" site launch will be soon. Not to worry, some last minute tweeks to the site and it will be all good. I am not even listed and I'm not worried. :thumbsup:

Later,

Jeff Tasky

2011 TE449

WOW, Halls, Bills and Taskys missing from dealer list. Wow, just wow. I'm sure there are a lot more but these are fairly big names in the husky world.

All non-modified 599cc and under 4-stroke Enduro and Supermoto models come with a six-month/unlimited mileage warranty against manufacturing defects and workmanship that covers parts and labor. This includes the TE250 / 310 / 449 / 511 and SM449 / 511 models.

All non-modified 600cc+ displacement Enduro and Supermoto models come with a one-year/unlimited mileage warranty against manufacturing defects and workmanship that covers parts and labor. This includes both the TE630 and SMS630 models.

All other Husqvarna motorcycles are sold as off-road competition racing bikes. Due to the extreme demands and severe conditions these machines are subject to, no comprehensive warranty can be offered. A limited 30-day warranty is offered on all bikes against manufacturing defects and workmanship. This warranty covers parts only. Includes: All Motocross, Cross-Country and 2-stroke Enduro models: CR150; TC250 / 449; TXC250 / 449 / 511; WR150 / 250 / 300.

What is Huskys definition of "modified"?

Just visited with the Husqvarna NA brass yesterday. The "official" site launch will be soon. Not to worry, some last minute tweeks to the site and it will be all good. I am not even listed and I'm not worried. :thumbsup:

Later,

Jeff Tasky

2011 TE449

What did the brass say about 2012?

pretty tame website - could be way better.

It would be nice if it had all the parts diagrams so customers could order by part numbers and part description.

Considering the amount of time it takes to explain it on the phone to the parts guy.

If you have a bad parts guy chances are you end up getting the wrong part or not everything you need.

Anyway... good to see they got something up.:thumbsup:

It's a nice looking clean site. As far as parts diagrams go Halls Husky has nice pdf versions of the part numbers and diagrams for many models on their site, even the older ones.

That is controlled by Federal Law. Look up Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Perhaps you should read it too, as cut and copied from the google search and first link/hit that came up

"The federal minimum standards for full warranties are waived if the warrantor can show that the problem associated with a warranted consumer product was caused by damage while in the possession of the consumer, or by unreasonable use, including a failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance"

Modifications can be considered as "damage" or "unreasonable use"

It matters not to me and I'm more of the opinion that they run worse and less reliable all choked up for CARB, but the fact of the matter remains that warranties are not a right or priviledge that's always on the consumer's side aka the end user is not federally protected by law as you would imply to do whatever they want to their bike and still mandate full warranty terms. Therefore any modification can be construed as unreasonable if indeed that modification is related to the failure. Ultimately it's up to the manufacturer and distributor to determine this issue.

So how bout we get back on topic of the new web site and not off on a tangent again there mod???? :thumbsup:

The only complaint I've heard of is that some dealers do not tell you when you do the PowerUp mods on a TE, that your warranty goes to a 30 day parts only.

the way I'm understanding the term "non-modified" for enduro models (street legal) and the term "offroad competition race bikes" (with no warranty) pretty much states that putting on the power-up kit and changing your FI mapping to race mode voids your warranty

My 510 came already power-up'd from the dealer... so I didn't do it

but cutting a throttle stop, removing o2 sensor, changing pipe, changing air filter all sounds like a modified bike...... sorry sir no warranty for you. maybe I'm wrong

In the end it is really up to the dealer how far his is going to go to bat for you.

It's actually always up to the manufacturer, as to if they will or will not pay a claim by the dealer. At that point the dealer can decide if he will pay the repair out of his own pocket regardless of what happened and why/when. How you've been as a customer has a lot to do with this decision.

I'm glad they got up a NA website with all the market-specific stuff. CR150!

How you've been as a customer has a lot to do with this decision.

my point as to it is really up to the dealer. The manufacturer only knows what the dealer tells them.