Sign in to follow this  

Q. FCR Carb + 3x3 Mod must go together?

Hello!

My first post :thumbsup:

I own a 2007 DRZ 400 SM Black - last season purchase (1st bike), this year I noticed the throttle lag, twist - "pause" - accelerate.

So I'm going to install the FCR carb for instant feedback (I assume I can still buy them).

My question is this: I must do the 3x3 mod at the same time as the carb install, right?

Thanks in advance, what a great forum this site is! :confused:

Ben.

If you want some Go, you need some Flow... :thumbsup:

A 3x3 hole will set you back a hole lot less than an Fcr carb.....:busted:

To hell with the expense....:worthy:

Install a pipe to make a perfect match...:smirk:...For better performance you want good flow going in and coming out of your engine..:confused:

If you want some Go, you need some Flow... :thumbsup:

A 3x3 hole will set you back a hole lot less than an Fcr carb.....:busted:

To hell with the expense....:worthy:

Install a pipe to make a perfect match...:smirk:...For better performance you want good flow going in and coming out of your engine..:confused:

Now as it happens I was thinking about a pipe too! :moon:

If I had the sm I would certainly buy the MRD exhaust. But, it is too loud for riding in state forest. I totally love my fcr carb. I would do the 3 X 3, it's super easy, and the fcr carb. enjoy it for a while then buy a new exhaust. You will have to install a new main jet later but that is super easy with the fcr. I do one modication at a time. In case something doesn't work you have limited to one thing, and it's nice to see what you have paid for.

If your lack of throttle response is not carb related your going to have a heap of problems trying to figure out what it is after a new carb install.

I would call a carb and pipe a single mod....

You won't appreciate the full benefit from the fcr if you stay with a stock pipe...

mrd pipe and FCR carb are shipping sometime in the next week or so :ride:

I gave all my details to Eddie's people so I think it will come jetted for the pipe and carb - SOO looking forward to having a tinker and then taking the thing for a ride, plus summer is finally here!!! what a wet spring!!! Gah!!!

Yes I had heard that too although I believe you can get a quiet insert for all the mrd exhausts - so if it blows my ears off then I'll opt for that - also, all I see/hear around here are HD riders tearing up the peace with their after market pipes :ride:

I went with a yosh rs-2 full exhaust because i hear so much about how ridiculously loud the MRD is.

I have run both...very little difference in noise output,if any...

But big difference in performance,especially the top end with the MRD..

I have run both...very little difference in noise output,if any...

But big difference in performance,especially the top end with the MRD..

I've heard them both side by side and without the plugs the MRD is noticeably louder. Makes more power, but it definitely makes more noise, too. For a street or track bike, though, it wouldn't matter to me.

Ok..I guess hearing them "side by side" gives a better perspective on the sound emission...but for me , I didn't notice much difference....

I have in my possession an FCR carb and an MRD exhaust :thumbsup:

Have found lots of useful information on fitting them, I don't notice too many gotchas, so fingers crossed the old carb comes out easily and visa versa for the new one.

I will post how it goes here - hopefully painlessly! :ride: