Krause/Sidewinder sprockets! I have NOTHING good to say about them!!!

I bought the Ti 2 sprockets front and back, Plus the Smart chain 2, for my dads completely stock XR 400, that he rides around the ranch ever day nothing crazy just putts around all day. The sprockets are guaranteed for life to never wear out and if they wear out you get a FREE replacement of sprockets, The chain has a 1 year warranty to replace if it wears out!

Well I bought it all june of 2010 spent 480 dollars with them, The sprockets wore out, So i called them for my free replacement, and they told me I had to pay 20 dollars each to replace the sprockets! The chain is also shot and they told me that I have to pay 89.99 for a replacement of another chain. I told them to go jump in a lake.

They do not stand by there words, or warranties, and there products are way over priced and do not hold up. I will never do business with them again.

How did they justify paying $20 per sprocket?

they told me that its there new deal, That they couldnt just send you a free replacemtent anymore, Because they dont get to look at them, they dont want them shipped back and realize that they are worn out and have to replace them for free, So they charge you $20 per sprocket without seeing them and that way they make more money off of you!!

I confronted them about their guaranteed to replace them for free, and they basically told me I was out of luck, and had to pay the extra. I also asked if i could ship them back to save me the $40 and they told me no

Yeah just go with the el cheapo steel(rocket sprocket) and good x ring chain(did)about $120 compared to what you spent. I did that last year about the same time you did, on a honda 450 has about 50 hours on them they still look real good and i have only had to adjust them once.

shit, i spent like...25 bucks on a vortex alum. sproket and im almost at 50 hrs and its still good to go for another 25.

Nothing will outlast Ironman/MSR sprockets and a DID x-ring chain. I have 100 hours on my CRF450 and I just adjusted my chain for the very first time.

yeah I agree with all of you guys, On my 04 450 before I sold it for my 09 450 I had renthal front and back sprocket with an DID X ring chain, I put it on with 80 hours on my bike and they were still in very good shape when I sold it with 260 hours. And it was raced alot.

I put the sidewinder sprocket and chain on my dads XR 400 because he can go threw a set of steel sprockets in 9 months, he rides at least 8 every day around our ranch, So we thought that this would be better but turns out it was no better.

Nothing will outlast Ironman/MSR sprockets and a DID x-ring chain. I have 100 hours on my CRF450 and I just adjusted my chain for the very first time.

+1:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

From their website.

"Pro-Rated Warranty. Our complete line of chains have the same 1

year Warranty program. Titanium II sprocket redemptions are

subject to a minor processing & documentation fee."

I wouldn't consider $20 each to be a minor fee.

I wouldn't consider $20 each to be a minor fee.

$20 isn't bad considering what an Iron Man sprocket goes for. My next set of

sprockets may be Sidewinder just for the fact that I can get a rear sprocket for

$20 bucks for the rest of my life.

$20 isn't bad considering what an Iron Man sprocket goes for. My next set of

sprockets may be Sidewinder just for the fact that I can get a rear sprocket for

$20 bucks for the rest of my life.

or until the change the policy again.

or until the change the policy again.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

yeah when I bought them I made sure that it was FREE replacemt when they wore out and they said yes.

Then when I called them about it 10 months later and they changed there policy to charging 20 dollars per sprocket. Which is not bad at all, But its just the fact that they go against their word and dont stand to it. That is what bothers me

But its just the fact that they go against their word and dont stand to it. That is what bothers me

Ya you're right.... I'm gonna write a letter.

Ya you're right.... I'm gonna write a letter.

Make sure that you make it a strongly worded letter with lots of CAPS to get the point across

Just a little update for everyone, Both sprockets have teeth breaking off of them, The back has 4 teeth missing and the front has 6 of the 14 teeth missing!!! for sprockets that are ment to last a life time, and has not even lasted 1 year, I will never do businesses with them again.. Going to stick with the 60 dollars chain and sprocket sets from rocky mountain that last longer!!!

Just a little update for everyone, Both sprockets have teeth breaking off of them, The back has 4 teeth missing and the front has 6 of the 14 teeth missing!!! for sprockets that are ment to last a life time, and has not even lasted 1 year, I will never do businesses with them again.. Going to stick with the 60 dollars chain and sprocket sets from rocky mountain that last longer!!!

Thats what I do, steel sprockets and primary drive racing chain...

MRBME- Thats what I do, steel sprockets and primary drive racing chain...

:ride::thumbsup::lol:

Here are some pictures that I finally got uploaded!! The sprockets were not even on the bike for a full year and all of the teeth broke off!!! So much for their GUARANTIED FOR LIFE!! haha LMAO there full of crap!

The chain was shot after 6 months, I laid it up to a brand new Primary drive chain with the EXACTLY the same amount of links and thats how much it has stretched!!

>

DSCF1689.jpg

DSCF1691.jpg

DSCF1691.jpg

I questioned a wear item being guaranteed for life when I first saw the ads...I guess now we know! If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

"Lifetime Guarantee" normally smells of overcharging to me. I guess they miscalculated how many customers would take advantage of the policy. Probably bet many riders never keep their bikes very long. Either that or they built their reputation and then cut quality to make more money until their buisness falls down, then close the doors.

Anyway, they may have to charge $20 a sprocket to keep the doors open. The lifetime guarantee isn't worth much when they are out of buisiness.

Primary drive for me.