SM that much lower then 400s?

I bought my 1st DRZ. Kinda like the SM, but there was a local, super clean DRZ400 for sale, so I bought it.

I'm 5'8", with a shorter inseem (legs...lol). I love the bike, but getting on and off can be "hip cramp city"!

I have the lower gel seat (a little better), but was wondering if I should just have gotten the Super Moto? They say its 2" lower (which doesnt sound like much, but I think it is).

Would the SM be much easier to to mount/dismount?

Mostly roads anyways.

Thanks in advance.

Dont want a lowering link.

There's a difference on my Deezer when I run 21/18's vs SM rims....it's noticeable (well, to me anyway....but I'm 6'4").

Yes it's lower, both by suspension and by smaller wheels.

That said you could just mount the bike like a horse - step on the left peg with your left foot, step up and swing your right leg around. Not so easy to do on trail but on pavement no problem...

Common technique for the short KLR guys :thumbsup:

i have both and the sm is a couple inches lower.they even have a shorter kickstand than the e/k/s models because of this,and with the low gel seat you could straddle the bike nearly flat-footed.

i have no problem with the taller e model and my 30" inseam.as long as i can get just one toe to the ground,i'm good to go.you get pretty used to it after a short time.

Yes it's lower, both by suspension and by smaller wheels.

That said you could just mount the bike like a horse - step on the left peg with your left foot, step up and swing your right leg around. Not so easy to do on trail but on pavement no problem...

Common technique for the short KLR guys :thumbsup:

Thats how I've been getting on......LOL.....and off for that matter.....LOL.

Well I think with the low seat and smaller wheels and a lowering link you may be even lowr than a stock SM.

Yea I mount mine like a horse also....just makes life easier