Utah Info

Utah

I'm looking at taking a trip the 2nd wk of June. Looking for some info on a couple places to ride. Looking for some fun single track in the mountains thats challenging but not too narly because I'll have my wife with me. Coming from SoCal & looking at a couple places. Any info, weather conditions, pics would be great help.

Looking @ Hobble Creek Cyn, Maple Cyn, American Fork Cyn, Nebo loop rd.

Thanks,

BB

We are experiencing record snow levels, yes it is still snowing in Utah

so be aware that some trails will still be snow covered in June and others could still be blocked by high water levels, expect the creeks to be running very high

stop and get some frozen custard (better than ice cream) get off at St. George blvd. go north three blocks its on the right hand side We stopped on or way to Colorado well worth it thanks to the guys on TT made my trip a little better sorry I havent ridden UT. cant help with that I'm sure you will find great ridding there

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=902572&highlight=

Cherry Creek, just across the street from Little sahara, south of Delta. You could ride there all week and never see the same trail twice. lots of 2 track, good traction, not alot of boulders, some knarly stuff. we tend to go out and ride 50 or 60 miles, come back for lunch and then in the afternoon ride another 30 or 40 miles. i

Thak you all for the help!

How far do you want to drive? Some of the most amazing riding in the world is in Moab, with terrain that is very unique.

how far do you want to drive? Some of the most amazing riding in the world is in moab, with terrain that is very unique.

+10000000000

How far do you want to drive? Some of the most amazing riding in the world is in Moab, with terrain that is very unique and high likelihood of dying of heatstroke if you ride the fun trails in june.

fixified. Moab could be nice in june, but it is likely to be hot. Cherry creek is probably the safest bet in my limited experience. I've only raced there once, but the higher trails are pretty sweet, and unlike the real mountain stuff should be snow-free by then.

Unfortunatly the best single track trails are going to be under snow for a long time. My best guess is that there may be some trails that are passable by July. The other suggestions are really good but I'll throw one more place into the mix ,San Rafel Swell. It may be pretty warm by June but there are alot of really cool trail rides that will take your breath away. If your wife gets tired and you sneak off, check out the Nine Miles to Hell trail. Type that into youtube and check it out, Nasty really doesn't describe it. Good Luck.:thumbsup:

i didn't find anything on youtube.

can you provide a link?

thanks.

The trail is called "Five Miles Of Hell", or FMOH - even though it is longer than 5 miles long.

The trail is called "Five Miles Of Hell", or FMOH - even though it is longer than 5 miles long.

ahhhhhh. ok, i've seen quite a few clips of that trail. i was just hoping that there was another similar one that i hadn't heard of. 5MOH looks like a cool one. i hope to maybe get on it next visit. it's so hard to decide what to do with so many good trails. Utah rocks!

5moh is a particularly good trail to do in searing summer heat if you can. The heat will help you avoid pulled muscles and cold fingers.

seriously, the swell is generally higher altitude than moab proper, but i would still start early if the weather is warm.

I'm looking at taking a trip the 2nd wk of June. Looking for some info on a couple places to ride. Looking for some fun single track in the mountains thats challenging but not too narly because I'll have my wife with me. Coming from SoCal & looking at a couple places. Any info, weather conditions, pics would be great help.

Looking @ Hobble Creek Cyn, Maple Cyn, American Fork Cyn, Nebo loop rd.

Thanks,

BB

Nothing on your list will be melted off by then. Depending on what part of Utah you are going to i would recommend Cherry Creek, we have been there five times this spring in between snowmobile rides of course. IMO it is one of the best places to ride with the family or without. Odds are we will be there on that weekend. If you need detailed directions of where to park and where to ride let me know and i would be glad to hook you up.

Marc WRP