headlight bulb burns out on trails

I just burned out the second headlight bulb on my 09 300xcw last weekend. Is one year what I can expect out of the stock bulbs?

Is there a better alternative? Sicass sells a Halogen one that is supposed to be a direct fit.

I do run with the light on at all times. Mostly because the plastic part on the on/off post came off during my first trail ride and makes it slightly more difficult to grab with gloves on.:thumbsup:

I don't need anything super bright as I don't ride the thing at night, ever. Not sure why I need a headlight on it anyway other than it being the law. if a person can't see an orange bike during the daytime, they need their vision checked.:confused:

I have heard that the stock ones don't take much to break. Looks like you have the answer to you problem. I put the Sicass one in from the get go and don't have a problem.

I run with the light on too, to help others see me!

I have heard that the stock ones don't take much to break. Looks like you have the answer to you problem. I put the Sicass one in from the get go and don't have a problem.

I run with the light on too, to help others see me!

Thanks Jim, just to clarify, you used the Sicass Halogen one, right?

my sicass halogen bulb burned out quickly, I purchased a trailtech x2 halogen and no bulb replacements in about 3500 trail miles.