steering stem help

Does anyone know if the bottom fork holder post is threaded or pressed in?

The threads for the steering stem nut are stripped and i want to take it apart and have a machine shop fix them.

THANKS

most are pressed into the lower clamp.. My sunline clamps how ever because it's adjustable offset has a jesus screw on the bottom of the clamp securing it..

If the stem threads stripped then the stem is probably aluminum, most aluminum stems are pressed into the lower triple from the bottom. Steel stems depending on bike model are often welded into the lower triple. Pull the fender and take a look.

Check the part fiche and see if it is a separate item from the triple.

If the stem threads stripped then the stem is probably aluminum, most aluminum stems are pressed into the lower triple from the bottom. Steel stems depending on bike model are often welded into the lower triple. Pull the fender and take a look.

Check the part fiche and see if it is a separate item from the triple.

How would you weld a steel stem to an aluminum bottom clamp? I've had about 15 vintage bikes going back to 1972 and haven't seen a welded dirtbike clamp.

Your machine shop should be able to press out the stem and then repress it back in.

Make sure you press on the top of the stem, it will come right out the bottom of the clamp.

I tried to press one the other way and needless to say it didn't budge. :thumbsup:

they are pressed in,just did mine what a pain in the ass, make sure u use someone with the right press and that has experince they can go in on an angle sometimes.

buy the way kxf stems are hard to come buy you have to buy the whole bottom clamp, what bike is it for?

Thanks guys:thumbsup: