Sign in to follow this  

01-02 Suzuki GSXR-1000 Muffler

Hello!!!

Looking for a 01-02 Suzuki GSXR-1000 muffler with ID tag X40F0X

I was riding to work yesterday and my current exhast rattled off my bike on the 400 and's in pretty rough shape. Made for a pretty interesting experience as a new rider to say the least!

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

You may check with some bike shops, from what I understand these are hard to come by now. I think most have been snatched up already.

Unless you can find a wrecked/parted out GSXR, 2001-2002 GSXR's would be wore out by now and most likely wrecked or parted.

These bikes have a short or hard life.

Thanks ar2stroke.

Yeah there's a lot of people trying to snatch them up for the same reason I am...they run amazing on the DR 650's. It's my understanding though that the 01-03 GSXR 600-750 cans are the same but have steel innards VS titanium. I was running one before and it preformed great. I'm going to call all my local wreckers but that might be the way to go.

Thanks ar2stroke.

Yeah there's a lot of people trying to snatch them up for the same reason I am...they run amazing on the DR 650's. It's my understanding though that the 01-03 GSXR 600-750 cans are the same but have steel innards VS titanium. I was running one before and it preformed great. I'm going to call all my local wreckers but that might be the way to go.

They are the same fit and form but not the same function. Not only are the innards steel but the outlet diameter is smaller. Flow is less. Better than the stock Buick muffler? Well yeah! :thumbsup:

They are the same fit and form but not the same function. Not only are the innards steel but the outlet diameter is smaller. Flow is less. Better than the stock Buick muffler? Well yeah! :thumbsup:

I am going to try to find one, a lot of them are 'off crashed bikes', I guess it would not bother me too much if it has scratches on it. I just bought my 2006 DR650 with 800 miles on it, the original owner was a 'Harley' guy and he did not like it.

Since my bike is pristine condition, I would prefer to find a take off without looking like it has road-rash. :worthy:

I don't want raspy sounding 'loud' exhaust, the GSXR exhaust is PERFECT!

:confused:

I am going to try to find one, a lot of them are 'off crashed bikes', I guess it would not bother me too much if it has scratches on it. I just bought my 2006 DR650 with 800 miles on it, the original owner was a 'Harley' guy and he did not like it.

Since my bike is pristine condition, I would prefer to find a take off without looking like it has road-rash. :confused:

I don't want raspy sounding 'loud' exhaust, the GSXR exhaust is PERFECT!

:thumbsup:

I was lucky enough to happen upon one on e-bay about 12 months ago now $50AUs in perfect condition. Haven't seen one since and are probably getting rare. It is the X40FIX from an 01 GSXR. Titanium and super light. I fabricated my own midpipe from stainless steel tubing that had been pre-bent, had a stainless steel flange water cut and then a local engineering shop welded the whole shebang together for me recently. I have only just fitted it and ditched my supertrapp.

Airbox lid is modified as per keintechs template, I am running a 160main, 4th notch down on the dynojet needle. Fuel screw out 1.25 turns and have K&N filter fitted.

I absolutely love it, it rocks, sounds great (turns more heads than my supertrapp ever did) and looks factory. Oh... and the foot didn't come with it.

DSC03230.jpg

Any '01-'02 GSXR 1000 with aftermarket can being sold by original owner is worth a diligent contact effort. There are more of these out there than one might think. A lot of these bikes were trashed as earlier suggested, but some were just too much machine and do pop up occasionally in un-thrashed/stunted/raced condition.

My first weekend of trolling located a mint condition, LOCAL, can for $100. Guys here on the forum were still pulling them from the ether for $30 and $40 so I passed on it.

It took me over a year of on again off again searching NATIONALLY to finally score the real deal. Many dead ends and attempted rip-offs along the way.

Guess what it cost me? Yup, a C note, plus shipping. And I couldn't pay for it quick enough. They're still out there, but they take some looking.

But with the cost of the mid-pipe and associated hardware at $200, and the fact that it's considered a "gateway" conversion (FCR-MX carb next) I'm still sitting on it.

Happy hunting!

I got a lead on one the other day... Guy wants $300 shipped though so the price is definitely a little steep. I'm going to call around the local salvage yards today see if I can get lucky but the hunt is still on!

Hey kezzajohnson,

Where did you get the muffler protector??? And does it fit over the fairring??

If someone mentioned Craigslist already I would add a BIG +1 to it. I've found several on CL by looking for sellers selling the apropriate bikes. I email them and ask if they have the original can sitting around. Found 3 so far with fairly limited effort (mine and 2 buddies now how them):thumbsup:. Haven't paid more than $75 shipped for one yet. Look nationwide, shipping isnt to terrible USPS.

Good luck

Alright guys this is my first post but i am looking at one on craigslist but the guy is saying the part number is x35F0x? I w looking on the DR650 FAQ thing? is this the one i need or do i need to keep looking?

Alright guys this is my first post but i am looking at one on craigslist but the guy is saying the part number is x35F0x? I w looking on the DR650 FAQ thing? is this the one i need or do i need to keep looking?

That is the muffler for the GSXR 600/750 which will work. It is a little heavier and a little more restrictive but still better than the stock muffler. You want to find a x40F0x from a 2001/2002 GSXR 1000. Have you thought about placing a "Wanted" add on craigslist. That's how I found mine...they called me.

Oh...welcome to the TT forums. :^)

Tech25

I have found a can off a Euro 2002 GSXR 1000 which has a X18G0X E4 stamped on it. Dimensions are 125mm diameter and 560mm long. Will this work on my DR?

Well, I think I'll answer it myself, this exhaust is of the 2003 GSXR so it is too long and has a catalytic converter, I just found a 040F0!! much smaller and lighter.