Sign in to follow this  

Whole shock replacement DR 650?

Which shock, with some more travel, might fit into the rear of a DR650? I have been told that a CR250 with the heaviest spring works...I was just looking for a bit stronger of a shock since the CR's accepts a 7.1 Kg/mm as the largest shock. Not sure about the DRZ, RMZ, xr650R or L...which accept stronger springs...

DRZ works.

Ricor, YSS, Elka and Wilbers do shocks for them too.

i tried a drz shock and the bottom mount was different. did i have the wrong year?

I'd say check with your local suspension shop.

I've put close to $500 in my suspension and could have had the stock setup tuned professionally for the same money.

I rode a DR650 that the same shop had done and it was 10X better than mine! (no emulators either!)

The DRZ shock is nice and the heavier springs help up front, but the bike can be much better still.

How do you improve the front without emulators/intiminators/pd valves?

The only thing you can do is either test different weight oils and/or install stiffer springs.

I put straight rate springs in mine with Intiminators... So far so good. If you research around the web, you will be able to find allot of info.

The only thing you can do is either test different weight oils and/or install stiffer springs.

I put straight rate springs in mine with Intiminators... So far so good. If you research around the web, you will be able to find allot of info.

I was referring to...

"I rode a DR650 that the same shop had done and it was 10X better than mine! (no emulators either!)"

And wondering how you can improve them without an added valving stack...

You don't get 10x better with springs and oil.