Sign in to follow this  

Stolen KLX 400S (DRZ)

Hey everyone, a couple nights ago my bike I worked so hard on was stolen from my garage. Pics and a list of things I had installed could be found in the garage:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vid=822

I would really appreciate it if you let me know if anything is found. It was stolen with the airbox panel removed and in supermoto trim. Should be really unusual to see the black supermoto wheels with green powdercoated hubs.

I think I know who did it and so do the police (dirtbag neighbor) but since there is no proof yet I'm keeping an eye out for parts, etc.

Damn dude that sux I hope things workout for you..

Well, I found my bike! I found parts for sale on craigslist that matched mine and then found posts on a local motorcycle forum selling other parts and they were clearly mine. This was just a few days ago, about 3 months after it was taken. After a friend went in to verify VINs after setting up a fake sale, I got the police involved and I got my bike back in pieces and was able to find out who bought some parts and was able to get those back as well!

The only things I'm missing are my SM wheels, the subframe and some misc. bolts, ties, etc. If anyone in Northern CA happens to run across some black excel wheels, powercoated green hubs with continental SM tires please let me know! I'm willing to pay a reward for their return.

well, i found my bike! I found parts for sale on craigslist that matched mine and then found posts on a local motorcycle forum selling other parts and they were clearly mine. This was just a few days ago, about 3 months after it was taken. After a friend went in to verify vins after setting up a fake sale, i got the police involved and i got my bike back in pieces and was able to find out who bought some parts and was able to get those back as well!

The only things i'm missing are my sm wheels, the subframe and some misc. Bolts, ties, etc. If anyone in northern ca happens to run across some black excel wheels, powercoated green hubs with continental sm tires please let me know! I'm willing to pay a reward for their return.

nice!

Was it your neighbor?

Yep! He moved a couple weeks after it was stolen. He tried to meet at a burger king that he said was really close to his house. From the pic of the wheels he posted online I saw a distinctive red ramp and white house. I used google maps to zoom in on the burger king and look at surrounding properties and the first house I zoom in on had the red ramp and the white buildings in the same configuration as the pic. I drive by on the way home and see his van parked out front. My buddy convinced him that he was interesting in buying the engine so he let him come see it. He matched the VINs and we had him.

Absolutely fantastic! Glad the good guy won for a change. Excellent detective work too! :eek:

just out of curiousity what will happen to the dirtbag that did this? he needs to be drawn, hanged, and quartered... maybe it would stop other theives.

Sorry to hear that,did you install any GPS chips?If i had it my way I would have it rigged to explode after I found out it was stolen...If you have full insurance you can get your KBB for it but sorry if I caught them I would have a new headlamp:foul:

just out of curiousity what will happen to the dirtbag that did this? he needs to be drawn, hanged, and quartered... maybe it would stop other theives.

The officers guess was probation, possibly restitution. He did bail out of jail so he had to pay something there. I had at least hoped that while on probation he would have to be drug tested since I saw meth pipes in the garage near my bike, but from what I hear our state (or maybe just county) doesn't drug test people on probation.

In Cali! Nah-you're kiddin' me!

Here in Florida you'll be tested while on probation plus if you are on the public dole too!

Glad that scum at least had to go to the pokey.