Sign in to follow this  

blocking pilot air jet, effect?

I have a stupid question, but it's worth a shot to get me running tomorrow..

Bike is a crf50 with a 108cc stroker setup and 20mm carb. I just built it and only have a few hours on it, the pilot jet is a bit lean, it's a 35 and should be a 38-42 or so.

It still ran great though, tell my air screw fell out...

I got another one from a frineds bike, but it's wrong. It fits in the hole, but the bike runs too lean on bottom end now, and bogs just off idle.

I was considering putting a dab of rvt into the pilot air jet, in attempt to get the bike rideable for tomorrow. Just wasen't sure of the effect.

I'm not worried abotu ruining the carb, I'm ordering a 24mm carb and some jets so I can dial it in perfect. However I'm supposed to ride in a parade tomorrow in our town, and I don't have time to wait on a carb or get a new air screw...

Anyone have any opinions if this could work? I just want the bike to run goo enough to ride some slow speed wheelies on. So off idle performance I need.

Btw I was running the bike with the pilot air jet turned only 1/8th turn out, so it was almost bottomed just to get it to run right. It ran pretty good like that tell I lost the screw.

Btw I was running the bike with the>>>>>> pilot air jet turned only 1/8th turn out<<<<<<<<, so it was almost bottomed just to get it to run right. It ran pretty good like that tell I lost the screw.

You meant to say "air screw" didn't you?.....as far as I know, the pilot air jet isn't adjustable. A smaller pilot air jet has the effect creating a stronger vacuum signal to the pilot system, drawing more fuel thru it.

You meant to say "air screw" didn't you?.....as far as I know, the pilot air jet isn't adjustable. A smaller pilot air jet has the effect creating a stronger vacuum signal to the pilot system, drawing more fuel thru it.

Err are you sure :thumbsup: