shock linkage crf 450

Is there any way I can look up the stock length for different years of a crf 450 linkage?

I put an 08 triple clamp on my 05 for the 22mm offset and now Id like to try a longer linkage. Id prefer to buy a different year off ebay rather than a fancy aftermarket piece.

The longer linkage would give you a better range of adjustment if your bike is too quick turning and lacks the stability. The 05crf450 has no problem like this and was actually the opposite. I honestly think the longer linkage would be a step back and would negate the agility gained with the 22mm triple clamp.

i should leave it alone.

i do have another question. what is the difference between running 90mm, 100mm, 110mm of sag?

i should leave it alone.

i do have another question. what is the difference between running 90mm, 100mm, 110mm of sag?

I have a pair of crf 450's. With more sag, the bike will be a bit lower in the back and will a bit less harsh (on any bike). I would be in the 100-105 rage for the crf450. At 90mm the bike is too high in the back, not sure enough to have an unstable front end in some hight speed stuff, but it not where the bike is designed to be. Lighter riders (im on the fence at 160lb) should be from 105-110 perhaps unless they went with a lighter shock spring.

I have found that you need to take your time and have a 2nd person when setting sag, and do it after a ride. I had mine set at 105 (dialed in 3 turns to get there) , then still in my gear after a ride, found i had barely 90mm.

IF you want to be very scientific, get 2 measurements. Push down and let the bike settle and read.. pull up (without pulling on where your reading from) and let settle.. add the numbers and divide by 2. This way your accounting for any sticktion in the shock and likage. Forks have more stiction due to the greater surface the seal is in contact with the fork tubes.