Sign in to follow this  

how noticeable is a new pipe/silencer?

i just ordered a FMF/KTM collaboration pipe and silencer. the pipe is a cross between the FMF fatty and the gnarly. it was designed specifically for 125/150sx bikes. the silencer is a black shorty.

will it have any noticable power over the stock exhaust?

heres the system

SXS08125500.jpg

SXS08085550_lg.jpg

Pipes don't necessarily add power. They tune the motor output. If you're riding style likes the meat of the power in the higher rpm's, the lower rpm's, or somewhere in between. Thats what the pipe does for ya. Some are better at it than others. Figuring out what works for you, on your bike is the 'best' pipe.

btw, in my experience...KTM does a pretty good job of extracting max HP...at the endurance expense of thin guage material.

Pipes don't necessarily add power. They tune the motor output. If you're riding style likes the meat of the power in the higher rpm's, the lower rpm's, or somewhere in between. Thats what the pipe does for ya. Some are better at it than others. Figuring out what works for you, on your bike is the 'best' pipe.

btw, in my experience...KTM does a pretty good job of extracting max HP...at the endurance expense of thin guage material.

exactly. a pipe is basically just gonna move the power around. for example the gnarly pipe will give you more bottom end but in return you will lose top end power. on some bikes you dont even really need to change the pipe because the stock pipe might give the best power somewhere in the powerband (top, bottom) but its always nice to see that nice shiny expansion chamber :thumbsup: i like the fmf fatty on my kx250. its got like 4 big dents in it though so i might try out a pc pipe.

good luck!

It's extremely noticeable with your wallet. It lightens it up about $800.

maybe for a 4 stroke. this cost me 300 bucks and my old one was a little dinged up

now send in your old to pacific crest pipe repair. ans have it fixed like new. then put it on the shelf for a back up, just in case you f-up your new one