Fools Gold Enduro Update

I am pleased to announce that for the first time in a very long time, an enduro event has reached capacity! ?

We are now on to the waiting list. Those on the waiting list will be notified along with the those drawn for row assignments. Assignments will be given out to the waiting list on the morning of the event based upon assigned riders who do not sign-in for the event.

Charlie

CERA

'06 CRF250X

CERA is still looking for workers to help with the event. I am really in need of another truck and trailer (open with sides) to help haul gas to remote gas stop, help at gas stop and return cans back to camp.

Email me at ceramoose@att.net

Thank You

Kraig Traum

Does this affect the "D" riders? I was going to come out the morning of and sign up so I wouldn't have to get up as early. Even at full capacity we should still be able to ride for sure in D class....right?

Moose,

I sent off registration about about 2 weeks ago also. Would we get assigned numbers in the D class or can we run what we currently have on our bikes? Will a confirmation come in the mail about entry or just show up and hope for the best? Thanks!

Moose,

I sent off registration about about 2 weeks ago also. Would we get assigned numbers in the D class or can we run what we currently have on our bikes? Will a confirmation come in the mail about entry or just show up and hope for the best? Thanks!

Confirmations will be mailed out by the 10th and your riding number will will be in the envelope. You will only need to run that number on your front number plate.

Thank You for signing up for the event.

Kraig Traum

Does this affect the "D" riders? I was going to come out the morning of and sign up so I wouldn't have to get up as early. Even at full capacity we should still be able to ride for sure in D class....right?

Yes we have a 300 rider limit, if we have no shows you might get in depending on how many are on the waiting list.

It is an open forest and we cannot stop riders from following, but if behind our sweepers their will be course changes.

If you to help out, work a check etc... we still need volunteers.

Thank You

Krag Traum

ceramoose@att.net

Confirmations will be mailed out by the 10th and your riding number will will be in the envelope. You will only need to run that number on your front number plate.

Thank You for signing up for the event.

Kraig Traum

Given how close we are to the event, we are also looking into posting the assignment list on the CERA website. Names and info will be matched up at sign-in.

I registered about two weeks ago should I be getting confirmation in the mail?

Also is there enough room for everyone to camp or get there early

Thanks

Camp extends all the way to the end of Mace Mill Road. There should be plenty of room, but it can't hurt to get there early.

URGENT NOTICE FOR RIDERS NEEDING CARDS AT THE EVENT **A, B and C Classes ONLY**

The Forest Service has decided this week that we are no longer allowed ANY incidental sales of goods or services in conjunction with our noncommercial permit.

Therefore, if you were hoping to renew or purchase an AMA or D36 card at the event, please do so online ahead of the event and bring your printout receipt with you.

If you cannot take care of this prior to the event, you will have 7 days post-event to get proof of cards to CERA or you will be DQ'd from the event for expired/non-existent cards.

Yes, this is non-standard, but we are trying to be flexible in response to constantly changing requirements in order to ensure this event happens.

Please bear with us.

Thanks,

Charlie Hirst

CERA President

I preregistered and still ended up staring at my bike in the garage. Damn Snow! Hurry up June 5th! This gives me more time to tinker with my suspension so looks like Im going to Foresthill Friday (If its open) and get some seat time.

I preregistered and still ended up staring at my bike in the garage. Damn Snow! Hurry up June 5th! This gives me more time to tinker with my suspension so looks like Im going to Foresthill Friday (If its open) and get some seat time.

I don't think Foresthill will be open. On Saturday they are doing a trail cleanup (2+3 trails)

If your interested in helping, pm me your email and I'll forward the message I got from the forest service.

Update for Fools Gold Part Deux, June 5th

I want to once again thank everyone who came out for the first attempt last Sunday. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate this time around.

Some notes for the back-up date:

• All pre-entry row assignments are valid for the back-up date.
  • Folks who cancelled and their slots given away for the first attempt, now have their slots back, unless they have otherwise notified CERA of cancellation for June 5.
  • If you cannot make the backup date, please notify CERA as soon as possible.
  • Pre-entered riders not signed in within 30 minutes prior to their start time (day of the event) will have their entry cancelled and the assignment given to a signed-in wait list entry.
  • If such a rider arrives beyond this time limit, the rider may be added to the post-entry wait list within the criteria established below.

Wait List:

• The pre-entry wait list has priority over the post-entry wait list.
  • Priority within the wait list is set in order of sign in time--first come, first served.
  • Every attempt will be made to fill in open slots within a class with wait listers of that class.

The wait list is a novel concept for an enduro, so we are trying to make this work as best we can. We hope that the above items help to address the issues we encountered last weekend, so that everyone is afforded the best possible opportunity to enjoy this event. If you are on the wait list, your early sign-in at the event and patience will be rewarded to the extent we can within the rider limit imposed by the permit.

Reminder

Please take care of all D36 and AMA card transactions, if required for your class, prior to sign-in for the event. We are not allowed to sell anything.

Thank you all for your time,

Charlie Hirst

CERA President

I was taken off the wait list and given row 34D. I was told by Kraig and Dee that I would get to keep that row for June 5th. What you just said is opposite

Vinny,

Bob Jones is the entry coordinator. I believe that his contact info is on the information sent out after the draw. Bob is the only one who can address row assignments from the wait list, to fill cancellations, ahead of the event weekend. He has a system.

Once we get to the event weekend, the wait list will be addressed as noted above.

Thanks,

Charlie

ranger station said they were open sat .so we get there and all sighns read closed!i called them from staging area and they said they couldnt open til noon cuz they had to pull ribbons from the enduro that didnt happen.after talkin with them they changed their mind and said it was ok even though it said closed.wierd.rode all day ,it was sick.didnt seem like anyone was pulling ribbons though