Helping my friends widow sell his Yamaha WR426

California

A buddy of mine passed away recently and his wife needs to sell his bikes. He had a Yamaha 426 that needs to go.

$1850 OBO

John was big on oil changes. He was not fast or hard on his bikes. Just a desert & trail putter.

Let me know if you are interested.

Applied Clamps

Stabilizer Mount (No Stabilizer)

Rad Guards

Aftermarket Aluminum Kicker

Tires great front & Back

Green Sticker

Just needs some cleaning and a little love. Located in Harmony Grove/Elfin Forest/Escondido area.

joan_426.gif

Edited by BOLT Performance

Sorry to hear about your friend Jeff. It's not plated is it? If it is, I'm interested...

bp

Thanks Bill.

It is not plated. Sorry.

Sorry to hear about your friend Jeff. It's not plated is it? If it is, I'm interested...

bp

my first though too

I got a little more info for you guys... and a better price.

The bike is a 2001. John was an older fellow that had health issues that eventually took him from us... so the bike was NOT ridden hard. In fact, it wasn't ridden much before he bought a plated 07 KTM.

There is no hour meter or permanent Odometer. I believe it has a resettable trip meter. But I'll tell you what I know about the history.

John bought the bike lightly used from a fellow volunteer fireman on the local fire department in approx 2003 or 2004. He bought his KTM in late 2006 so the Yamaha has very little use on it ever.

If you spend a little money on new plastics and a can of WD40 this thing will be mint. It just has never been ridden much.

Price is $1850 or best offer. It's a good deal. Please don't grind just for the sake of grinding. Joan needs the money for her security.

Thanks for looking.

Hey Jeff, what about his plated KTM? Is that FS? I ALMOST bought an '08, but was scared away by the issues with the new motor. And '07 would be the ticket for me.

Hey Jeff, what about his plated KTM? Is that FS? I ALMOST bought an '08, but was scared away by the issues with the new motor. And '07 would be the ticket for me.

She could have sold that bike several times... it ended up at my house Bill :thumbsup:

pj_ktm.gif

Just a little bump to help out. :thumbsup:

Just a little bump to help out. :thumbsup:

Thanks Old-Man ! :confused:

Original Post: A buddy of mine passed away recently and his wife needs to sell his bikes. He had a Yamaha 426 that needs to go.

$1850 OBO

John was big on oil changes. He was not fast or hard on his bikes. Just a desert & trail putter.

Let me know if you are interested.

Applied Clamps

Stabilizer Mount (No Stabilizer)

Rad Guards

Aftermarket Aluminum Kicker

Tires great front & Back

Green Sticker

Just needs some cleaning and a little love. Located in Harmony Grove/Elfin Forest/Escondido area.

joan_426.gif

Joan is also selling her 2006 TTR230 now. 100 hours. Barely ridden. Bikes are both in Escondido. $1800 or best offer for either bike. Better than any deal on Cycletrader.

ttr230_2.jpg

ttr230_1.jpg

Joan is also selling her 2006 TTR230 now. 100 hours. Barely ridden. Bikes are both in Escondido. $1800 or best offer for either bike. Better than any deal on Cycletrader.

ttr230_2.jpg

ttr230_1.jpg

Typo? The two phrases seem kinda contradictory.

^^^I believe what he means is since the bike is an '06. Having 100 hours total is barely ridden. Thats appx. 20 hrs a year. Most avid riders put that on their bikes within a month or two.

^^^I believe what he means is since the bike is an '06. Having 100 hours total is barely ridden. Thats appx. 20 hrs a year. Most avid riders put that on their bikes within a month or two.

Correct... Grandma ridden 20 hours per year is BARELY RIDDEN. :smirk:

Samir you are a Yamaha lover... any interest in either bike ?

Good deals, bump for some clean bikes.

If I could get someone to buy the '06 WR250F I'd buy the 426 for my dad and the 230 for a play bike.

Correct... Grandma ridden 20 hours per year is BARELY RIDDEN. :smirk:

Samir you are a Yamaha lover... any interest in either bike ?

I need another bike like I need a hole in my head:smirk:

But, if that TTR were plated I would be all over it as my wife wants to upgrade to a "real looking" :smirk: bike from her current TW200. We do a lot of dual sport rides together so any upgrade would have to be plated.

I need another bike like I need a hole in my head:smirk:

But, if that TTR were plated I would be all over it as my wife wants to upgrade to a "real looking" :smirk: bike from her current TW200. We do a lot of dual sport rides together so any upgrade would have to be plated.

What do you think of that TW200. Been thinking about getting one for my quad riding wife. And play riding for me.

In fact, the lady selling these bikes just got a used TW200 from her neighbor for herself so she can sell the TTR and be safer in the sand when she comes riding with us.

What do you think of that TW200. Been thinking about getting one for my quad riding wife. And play riding for me.

In fact, the lady selling these bikes just got a used TW200 from her neighbor for herself so she can sell the TTR and be safer in the sand when she comes riding with us.

The tw200 makes for a great camping bike. We take ours with us up to Tahoe to putt around on every year. I would bring my wr450 but I can't ride double on it. I take my son tooling around town and off on some of the trails by the Sand Pit. Having the single bike carrier makes it convenient to throw on the back of the motorhome.

As Ken mentioned, it's a great putt-putt bike. Very mellow power, yet quite torquey - it will climb a wall! It is a tank though, and doesn't like turning. I wouldn't be exagarating by much when I say it weighs pretty much the same as my WRs!! My wife is only 5'4"/120ish and it wears her out trying to pick the Thing up. But, she can flat-foot the Thing, which goes a long way in the confidence department.

Ken - I've been thinking of doing something kinda silly on the TW. Stage at Silverwood Dam, work our way up to the Pinnacles the hard way, over to the T6 crossing, up to Crab Flats, Redondo Ridge, up White Mountain, to John Bull, up/down Gold Mountain, BJs for lunch in BB, and then fire roads to 2W01, down to Devils Hole and back to the trucks. We could call it a "Ride with a TWist". You gonna man-up?:smirk:

As Ken mentioned, it's a great putt-putt bike. Very mellow power, yet quite torquey - it will climb a wall! It is a tank though, and doesn't like turning. I wouldn't be exagarating by much when I say it weighs pretty much the same as my WRs!! My wife is only 5'4"/120ish and it wears her out trying to pick the Thing up. But, she can flat-foot the Thing, which goes a long way in the confidence department.

Ken - I've been thinking of doing something kinda silly on the TW. Stage at Silverwood Dam, work our way up to the Pinnacles the hard way, over to the T6 crossing, up to Crab Flats, Redondo Ridge, up White Mountain, to John Bull, up/down Gold Mountain, BJs for lunch in BB, and then fire roads to 2W01, down to Devils Hole and back to the trucks. We could call it a "Ride with a TWist". You gonna man-up?:smirk:

:smirk: Devil's Hole, the water would run over the top of the seat. Sounds interesting:busted:

Sounds like I need a bike with a TWist ! I did see that they weigh MORE than my KTM530 ! Old steel frame technology.

I hope someone is looking for a deal on a WR426 & TTR230.