Mendocino National Forest Volunteer Group

Trying this again. Well I got a call from Mr. Mike Burmann yesterday asking if I was still interested in performing some trail maintenance. I told him I was. I still have contact info for all of the people who were interested a couple of years back. If you are interested just post up here and let me know. My in box is almost full so please just post up here and Ill take it from there.... I will put you on the volunteer agreement and were in. He has a few projects that he would like to see done before the heat hits. So the sooner the better I guess. Also June 4th is National Trails Day. Sounds like as good a day as any to help keep us and our sport involved in the process. I would love to see a good group. We love to ride the trail system ... Lets do something to show we can help keep them ride able in the future.... Thanks and let me know if you can help.......Oldskoo11

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes put me on your list, I'm already signed up with mike as I'm the one who cleared upper lake last month and Pillsbury and some of stony, i would like to meet you guys and do some work, it sucks doing alone. i wonder what he has in mind. i hope its brushing out trails..

were are the trees at, i must of missed them

Between some trees and snow , upper trail 7 needs attention, upper 15 has trees and brush as well. We could not get to where 3 hits 4, and up 4, because of snow but after the winter we've had I'm sure it got trashed. We rode up 6 to the Corridor and only had a couple of obstacles until the snow drifts across the road stopped us.

Looking forward to doing some work on the trails in June!?

I'm in! I crashed twice today on trail 6 while putting my head down to punch through some trees...as soon a I looked back up again it was too late....into the next tree and down I went. back to back the same thing. would have never happend if there was any maintaineance done on that trail. I used to really like that trail. but it kinda sucks now. It really needs some TLC.

How did you like the dust on the lower trails?

I didn't get that much after telling John about the head on last week he insisted that I lead the charge, so they were eating my dust all day. :confused:

We saw your tracks on #6 where you had stopped...we came through from the other direction and managed to punch through virgin snow to make a full loop around the lake. We did 56 miles Little stoney to 24-2-M5-special test section-46-22-20-3-4-heavy snow on 4, so we turned around-3-7-51-17N10-6-hit tree and ate shit x2 - flat rear tire on Mikes bike- M10- Flat rear tire on John's bike- 33-43-36-33-32-17N12-13-to the lake and saw a ranger and did a quick turnaround to -13-14-16-17-18-15-17N02-20-M5-2-skipped 24 and ran the road back to Little Stoney where the beer and vodka were ice cold. Mike had to drive my truck back cuz I got a little ?

Sounds like a great ride! Our 67 mile loop started at Little Stony, up 26-27-47-26-21-46-22-20-3-7 trees on 7 and some snow turned around back to 15-16-17-13-32-36-43 out to 6 until the snow on the road on 16N18 turned us back on 6 again to 33-17N02 where I hit reserve and ended up taking the road back to the top of 2 and down to the trucks where the Stella Artois was on ice. No flats, a few minor biffs but it was a great day. Cag33 hooked up with us for the ride and he's always looking for a ride during the week so give him a shout if you do a midweek ride, he'll keep up just fine.

or did we meet when i had my chain saw at youngs coral

Yeah, we met that one time and I was insipired by your efforts after seeing what one guy, a little free time, and a chainsaw can do for an entire riding area. So beer and Vodka on me Squid Reuel!!

Trying this again. Well I got a call from Mr. Mike Burmann yesterday asking if I was still interested in performing some trail maintenance. I told him I was. I still have contact info for all of the people who were interested a couple of years back. If you are interested just post up here and let me know. My in box is almost full so please just post up here and Ill take it from there.... I will put you on the volunteer agreement and were in. He has a few projects that he would like to see done before the heat hits. So the sooner the better I guess. Also June 4th is National Trails Day. Sounds like as good a day as any to help keep us and our sport involved in the process. I would love to see a good group. We love to ride the trail system ... Lets do something to show we can help keep them ride able in the future.... Thanks and let me know if you can help.......Oldskoo11

Do you know where these "projects" are exactly? I'm really interested in clearing brush and low branches out at Stoney where I mostly ride. I was thinking of camping out at Letts Lake that weekend to do this maitenance assuming that we were working on the Stoney or MC trails...but MNF is a big place so it would be nice to know what riding area we're working on so I can plan accordingly.