Two Stroke Comeback - Direct Injection

The coming of direct injected two strokes is just around the corner. When this happens, it will not only produce a cleaner burning two-stroke, it will produce that same instant throttle response with tractability improved. Custom maps, timing etc will all be part of the game. Watch and see two strokes make a comeback like you have never seen. The good part is, you can still rebuild them in an hour for under $200.

?

is it possible to have a 2 stoke where u dont have to mix the oil? there for has a sump? so place the injector at the top and just inject when ever necessary

I had a Suzuki 90 in 1972 that had that technology. ? Damn I'm getting old.

injected 2 strokes has been around for a while, it has not made any come back by any means, in the snowmobiling world a fuel injected 2 stroke is not that much better then carb'd (i would know) it can also create big costs$$$$,

also with tuning a bike, there is only so much you can do, for timing and fuel delivery, towards power,

i know guys are saying its a big change, but its not really,

in snowmobiling world, most carbed sleds perform Equal to a injected sled, but as technology advances and motors change they increase the power they put out so it is hard to actually compare....

? At all these people that think two-strokes will still be cheap when they go DI. Have any of you guys ever priced out an injector for a DI two-stroke? You're looking at $300 Minimum for just the injector, never mind all the support hardware to make it work.

it would still be cheaper than an injected 4 stroke. and how often to injectors go bad, every 20 or 30 years?

come to think of it, i have never had an injector go bad on any of my cars, trucks or bikes.

oil injection into carburetor is not the same as DI into combustion chamber. ?

someone asked if there were any two stokes that didn't require mixing the oil into the fuel tank, i doubt anyone was confusing auto-lube for di. :confused:

also you have the yamaha music divisions logo in your av, the motorsport division logo is different.

someone asked if there were any two stokes that didn't require mixing the oil into the fuel tank, i doubt anyone was confusing auto-lube for di. ?

also you have the yamaha music divisions logo in your av, the motorsport division logo is different.

Pfffttttt

it would still be cheaper than an injected 4 stroke. and how often to injectors go bad, every 20 or 30 years?

come to think of it, i have never had an injector go bad on any of my cars, trucks or bikes.

Direct injection is a lot more fragile, and a lot more complicated than port or throttle body injection.