Will a black OEM 2007 DRZ400SM Rear Fender fit on a yellow 2006 DRZ400S?

So I took peoples' advice and got the black Acerbis kit and I am not very happy with it.

I openly said I was a newb yet nobody even mentioned that the rear fender from the kit would not fit on my bike without major alterations. Anyway, I cut the hell out of the thing and also scratched it the F-up and dont even wanna bother with it anymore.

So, can't I just order the OEM rear fender from the black 2007 SM model and swap that right in? And if so, which one do I want? The Model K5/K6, or K7?

K5/K6: http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=432829&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2007&model=10128

K7: http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=432830&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2007&model=10128

Also, what about the front fender too? The Acerbis fit fine but I thought it was gonna look more sleek than the stock S fender, but it's identical. I wouldn't mind putting the SM front fender on as well.

Thanks.

Yes, the S and SM are the exact same bike except for the swingarm, forks, bars, wheels and front brake rotor (and a few minor other parts. All the plastics/tank are 100% interchangeable.Model year does not matter. AFAIK, they are all the exact same shape.

So I took peoples' advice and got the black Acerbis kit and I am not very happy with it.

I openly said I was a newb yet nobody even mentioned that the rear fender from the kit would not fit on my bike without major alterations. Anyway, I cut the hell out of the thing and also scratched it the F-up and dont even wanna bother with it anymore.

So, can't I just order the OEM rear fender from the black 2007 SM model and swap that right in? And if so, which one do I want? The Model K5/K6, or K7?

K5/K6: http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=432829&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2007&model=10128

K7: http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=432830&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2007&model=10128

Also, what about the front fender too? The Acerbis fit fine but I thought it was gonna look more sleek than the stock S fender, but it's identical. I wouldn't mind putting the SM front fender on as well.

Thanks.

next time, try a blow torch and a razor... for cutting plastic, it's the shizzle.

i've had rear and front fenders from non suzuki bikes on mine. takes about three shakes with a hot razor and no whining really.

Edit. Sorry. I misread. I know the SM fender is the only on that bolts onto the SM with no cutting. I believe the subframe is different. Not sure about the S model

S and SM subframes are the same and yes they bolt up :thumbsup: The E rear you have to cut :confused:

pros of cutting the fender:

-you can spend more time with your bike

-you can get high from the fumes of the melting plastics

-you can curse yourself for not buying the OEM S/SM rear fender

been there, done that..

gave away the Acerbis rear fender free for a guy that came to pick up after buying the OEM one from stockist..!! :thumbsup::banghead::confused:

S and SM subframes are the same and yes they bolt up :thumbsup: The E rear you have to cut :confused:

:worthy: Thanks Debi. I knew it was different than somethin! lol

Ok, so which one do I want? The Model K5/K6, or K7?

Ok, so which one do I want? The Model K5/K6, or K7?

Thats just the year..... fenders are the same :confused: besides colors :thumbsup:

Thats just the year..... fenders are the same :confused: besides colors :thumbsup:

Seems there would have to be a difference considering they each have their own pages, part numbers, and different prices. I don't wanna mess this up again.

Motorcycles » Suzuki » 2007 » 2005 DR Z400SM

Model K5/K6

FENDER, REAR (BLACK)

63113-29F41-019

$67.86

10128_44.gif

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=432829&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2007&model=10128

Motorcycles » Suzuki » 2007 » 2005 DR Z400SM

Model K7

FENDER, REAR (BLACK)

63113-29FA0-019

$87.33

10128_44A.gif

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=432830&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2007&model=10128

Your thinking to hard... All the S and SM rear fenders are the same even the years. :thumbsup:

Your thinking to hard... All the S and SM rear fenders are the same even the years. :thumbsup:

If I was thinking hard enough I wouldn't have wasted money on a rear fender that doesn't fit.

It seems K5, K6, and K7, mean 2005, 2006, 2007, but the diagrams show the K5/K6 as different from the K7, and also a $20 difference.

jOqIi.jpgxyqO1.jpg

29-1 TAPE SET - 68170-29F00-DWA - $18.01

Edited by Excite-Bike

29 looks like the stock graphic sticker.

To see some aftermarket black front and rear fenders at around $65 per set look at dealers catalogs on kimpex.com

I ordered both last week and got black for s or SM model- avoid the E model and you'll be fine. Got the cool looking KTM looking one for the front.

the only difference in DRZ rear fenders is E vs S/SM. chose your color flavor.

If I was thinking hard enough I wouldn't have wasted money on a rear fender that doesn't fit.

It seems K5, K6, and K7, mean 2005, 2006, 2007, but the diagrams show the K5/K6 as different from the K7, and also a $20 difference.

jOqIi.jpgxyqO1.jpg

29-1 TAPE SET - 68170-29F00-DWA - $18.01

Just a sticker/graphic change :thumbsup:

If they are identical then I wonder why one is $60 and the other is $80.

Anyway, I just ordered the $60 K5/K6 version.

Thanks.

lots of idiocy by the oems that cant be explained.

why are the klx 400 parts generally cheaper when its the same bike?

Will a late model (09-13) RMZ 250/450 rear fender fit on a 2001 RM 125??

Will a late model (09-13) RMZ 250/450 rear fender fit on a 2001 RM 125??

Maybe start a new thread in the suzuki 2 stroke forum.....