new zipty super wide peg extensions?

It shows it as a "Foot Peg Extension" for KTM, I think it is the old school weld on (steel) peg extensions. I have a set of these already done up for older Huskys (different mounting system) and they are a lot better than the skinny stock pegs.

It shows it as a "Foot Peg Extension" for KTM, I think it is the old school weld on (steel) peg extensions. I have a set of these already done up for older Huskys (different mounting system) and they are a lot better than the skinny stock pegs.

Was that IMS weld on? ....zipty seems seriously old school adapted for now....pretty much like floor boards..I remember my Dad made some in the 70's for a trail bike or 2. I just never rode with it then . Of course now the pegs are so much better stock. I don't see anyone using this large of a platform on any new bikes. I'm sure ty davis wouldn't even put them into production if it wasn't a decent mod. Still I have not seen or heard of anyone using this and wondered what was up. I am tempted to get them but my IMS pro's work good (the stock pegs weren't bad for that matter) Beta stock pegs look like ktm... Checking with you husky guys since zipty is a husky guy now...but also sells ktm peg extensions. :thumbsup:

Pivot Pegz (the Mark II, not the 60mm wide Mk III) Best peg upgrade ever.

Pivot Pegz (the Mark II, not the 60mm wide Mk III) Best peg upgrade ever.

I'm not going for the pivot pegs just yet on account of me hauling my bike with an ultimatemxhauler that runs metal rods through the pegs to hold the bike.

Isn't there anyone who has used the zipty peg extensions?

I have them. They work very good. I was alittle concerned that they were too big but in tight single track it was no problem. Worked really good getting back on the bike for whoops and sand. They are way more comfortable if you ride on the balls of your feet.

I have them. They work very good. I was alittle concerned that they were too big but in tight single track it was no problem. Worked really good getting back on the bike for whoops and sand. They are way more comfortable if you ride on the balls of your feet.

Thankyou.... That's some good information. I am surprised more haven't tried them. Maybe it's that new?

Bump diddy bump bump.. I'm just wondering if any more people have gotten this.. I kinda want to try this but my imps pro pegs are so strong I don't think they will ever break... I might just have to just spend the money to find out myself if there would be a big improvement. When I look at them it sure looks like it will be a big advantage.

I rode a set on a friends bike and did not like them. Way to big for me. Just feels weird.

I rode a set on a friends bike and did not like them. Way to big for me. Just feels weird.

Thanks for the feedback. It's a lot cheaper to not buy them.

Thanks for the feedback. It's a lot cheaper to not buy them.

the dude that has them likes them but they feel weird to me.

the dude that has them likes them but they feel weird to me.

It ought to be different though... It looks like riding with floor boards..

Bump ..anyone got any feedback on riding with these?

I had them on my '12 KTM 125 and they were nice, didn't get in the way like some who never rode with them will talk about. Definitely a conversation piece.

I had them on my '12 KTM 125 and they were nice, didn't get in the way like some who never rode with them will talk about. Definitely a conversation piece.

Cool . So how does it feel? Do you feel more secure? How comfortable is it? Is it strong enough? Do you think it is better than stock or other aftermarket pegs? Sorry.. really it doesn't seem like many have tried them .. Thanks!

they seemed plenty strong, were a bit of a PITA to put on because you had to drill your pegs to attach the extensions. Drill bit was provided and just took a little extra time is all. I liked the super size platform and felt secure with them for sure. I like wide pegs, where as some will argue that the extensions and /or super wide pegs can be a drawback off road. The extensions are wide to the the heel area and give a very panted feel while staying out of the way going forward. Stock pegs are usually pretty good, just a little narrow, so these extensions work great. Not much cheaper than aftermarket pegs though... yeah, not many have tried these. I tried them on a whim and liked them, just be prepared for floorboard comments!

they seemed plenty strong, were a bit of a PITA to put on because you had to drill your pegs to attach the extensions. Drill bit was provided and just took a little extra time is all. I liked the super size platform and felt secure with them for sure. I like wide pegs, where as some will argue that the extensions and /or super wide pegs can be a drawback off road. The extensions are wide to the the heel area and give a very panted feel while staying out of the way going forward. Stock pegs are usually pretty good, just a little narrow, so these extensions work great. Not much cheaper than aftermarket pegs though... yeah, not many have tried these. I tried them on a whim and liked them, just be prepared for floorboard comments!

Thanks!!! just looking at them ..I would think they were better . Of course I recently bought some offset system rigg ktm pegs so I'll be using them first but these always intrigued me.. plus any edge for an improved bike  is good to me. You are right that comments come but not usually from those that have tried them or are willing to see if something innovative might work. As a kid I was the first locally to shoulder pads. I had the football player comments but when I crashed I was way more protected than everyone else. It's better to not follow all the time. .I'm wondering how these would work on my cr or gasgas too. I want to buy them now but I actually just bought offsett pegs for all of them. They are improved from what they were but I'm thinking this might be the best of all especially for my big hoofs in muddy conditions.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider