What is a goood DS mirror to buy?

I have had the Sean Ken (or Ken Sean) I forget which it is on my DRZs for years and love them. Have yet to break one. Will need to get the mount that bolts on to your clutch perch though. One mirror fits either side. Cost $15 or less for the mirror.

Check this out from 2007 - https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584243

Edited by pschiess

I have had the Sean Ken (or Ken Sean) I forget which it is on my DRZs for years and love them. Have yet to break one. Will need to get the mount that bolts on to your clutch perch though. One mirror fits either side. Cost $15 or less for the mirror.

Check this out from 2007 - https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584243

+1 on the Ken Seans

There was a guy and I'll try to find his info, that sold KTM OEM foldable mirror maker company direct that were GREAT mirrors on my XR650L. I remember hearing about these on advrider in the XR650 section. Not cheap, like $70 for the pair with mounts but damn near indestructible, looked good, actually worked as mirrors (those that use the Ken Sean ones must not actually care what is behind you as they shake like hell) and folded up nicely.

I'll look some more if your interested. He might be on eBay now.

Mike

I had acerbis ones that shook like crazy, they were useless, I definatly wouldn't mind paying for better folding ones like you said ?

Here is the guys website:

http://www.moto-science.com/

Look up folding KTM mirrors and you'll see em. Can't remember if I went with the longer ones or not but I don't think I did. $75 shied or something for the set. Worked GREAT on my XR650L where nothing else would.

Mike

(those that use the Ken Sean ones must not actually care what is behind you as they shake like hell)

Mine are rock solid and absolutely no vibration. I bet you did not read the directions and mounted them wrong. Yes mounting the mirrors you need to read the directions. Of course mine were on a DRZ.... Maybe that is the difference. I could be going 75 + and could see things clearly in the rear view mirrors. By the way with the Ken Sean mirrors there is just one mirror and you can mount it to either right or left side.

(those that use the Ken Sean ones must not actually care what is behind you as they shake like hell)

Mine are rock solid and absolutely no vibration. I bet you did not read the directions and mounted them wrong. Yes mounting the mirrors you need to read the directions. Of course mine were on a DRZ.... Maybe that is the difference. I could be going 75 + and could see things clearly in the rear view mirrors. By the way with the Ken Sean mirrors there is just one mirror and you can mount it to either right or left side.

Do you fold them in when you off road? Leaving them loose enough on my XR to still fold them in, without breaking if they hit something or if i tipped over they moved around a lot and flopped a bit. I was always adjusting them.

And yes, I did read the directions and tried them several different ways. Might have worked ok on your DRZ but they sucked on my dads DRZ as well.

JMHO.

Mike

Edited by miweber929

Do you fold them in when you off road? Leaving them loose enough on my XR to still foldEd without breaking if they hit something or if i tipped over they moved around and flopped a bit.

And yes, I did read the directions and tried them several different ways. Might have worked ok on your DRZ but they sucked on my dads DRZ as well.

JMHO.

Mike

Yes I folded them sometimes and other times left them out (I like to see who is behind me on a trail ride and to make sure they are still back there). I used a good light coating of grease on the ball joint which made it easy to tighten and also to fold. I just went out for a ride and at 82mph they did not vibrate but the right one did start to fold back towards me from the wind resistance.