Sign in to follow this  

moving bar mounts? help plz?

the other day i dropped my bike, not a crash but a drop in the driveway and my handlebar mount pulled back noticeably enough to not be able to ride :thumbsup: so i took the handlebars and mounts off and put the mount bolts on a square and they are not bent :/ so i got new nuts for the end because i stripped the others trying to tighten it back in, so i got beefier nuts with more meat to grab because the stock nuts had a beveled edge and were really cheap, so i was wondering if the new nuts would make it easier to tighten so it would seat the rubber mounts better? because the bolts are not bent so it has to be rubber mounts not seated correctly, i also put new washers on with the new nuts. The kickstarter bolt holding on the kickstarter mount broke off inside the shaft but i was able to extract it and ordered a new one. thanks for your time.

Get rid of the rubber mounts.........Get zeta rubber killers from langston racing. Life will be good.

• Like 1

Get rid of the rubber mounts.........Get zeta rubber killers from langston racing. Life will be good.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

thank you ill try to order those on monday

how long from order did it take to get to you? i dont want to be another week behind from practice, i live in massachusetts. if i have to ill put in the current rubber mounts while i wait for them to get here, wish i could order them today :/

The washer is bent not the mount. With rubber mounts the washer directly next to the rubber fitting will bend. Take a large socket and hammer the washers flat again. GOOD AS NEW. put everything back together torquing all bolts to spec.

No offense to anyone, but i have seen a lot of issues with hard mounts. you are more likely to bend bars or parts of your triple tree with hard mounts.

the washer was bent and i checked the bolt wasnt, so ur saying the new washers will seat flat and the rubber mount wont pull out? so when i dropped it the washer bent and didnt allow the mount to sit right is what ur saying?

the washer was bent and i checked the bolt wasnt, so ur saying the new washers will seat flat and the rubber mount wont pull out? so when i dropped it the washer bent and didnt allow the mount to sit right is what ur saying?

You are correct. when you dropped the bike the rubber flexed forcing the washers to bend. The bent washer screwed up the seated position of the rubber clamp.

If the mount is not screwed up, the washers are all that needs to be fixed. In the past i have just pounded them flat with a hammer and large socket. If you choose to buy the OEM washers they are $ 2.97 each. Make sure all the washers in the assembly are flat, there should be 3 per mount.

I like my solid mounts.... but like Vern said, the energy will go somewhere and the last time, it bent the bolt that goes thru the mounts for me. I got my solids from BRP, I waited for over a month for the Zeta's and gave up. I think they are in stock again, but call first.

i got beefier nuts that dont have beveled edges i got new washers that go with the new nuts thank you

thank you ill try to order those on monday

how long from order did it take to get to you? i dont want to be another week behind from practice, i live in massachusetts. if i have to ill put in the current rubber mounts while i wait for them to get here, wish i could order them today :/

Not sure. Im only 2 states away and i just ordered mine in january .I think they came in 3-5 days. I ran them on my 07' and still have the bike with no problems. But i try not to crash either. If your crashing hard enough to bemt rynthel bars you are going to have bigger problems then just bent bars

i havnt crashed with it i dropped it off the stand in the driveway and it just fell wrong i guess and puled it up, the bars rnt bent there fien i got the bike together lastnight and its good now but thanks, if it happends again ill order the zeta,s

i havnt crashed with it i dropped it off the stand in the driveway and it just fell wrong i guess and puled it up, the bars rnt bent there fien i got the bike together lastnight and its good now but thanks, if it happends again ill order the zeta,s

after awhile it will do it with any little lay down in a corner or fallover. I got tired of fixing them.......