Sign in to follow this  

Picked up an 02 250, couple of ?

Just got a nice 02 250, Its had 3 rear tires on it, still has the original front. Only a few problems. Rear spokes were loose but i was able to save it with vice grips, PB blaster and a propane torch. Bike is in good shape with original plastics but it has not had the most savy mechanic working on it. Luckely it did not need much.

I noticed the air boot is starting to squirm out as 02s do. I found a kit on ebay but they want $64. Any ideas where i can get the Airboot kit cheaper?

What are the stock clicker setting?

Any online shop manuals?

I will post some pic later. I am on honey du duty this mothers day weekend so i need to be carefull with the bike projects.

Thanks

Just got a nice 02 250, Its had 3 rear tires on it, still has the original front. Only a few problems. Rear spokes were loose but i was able to save it with vice grips, PB blaster and a propane torch. Bike is in good shape with original plastics but it has not had the most savy mechanic working on it. Luckely it did not need much.

I noticed the air boot is starting to squirm out as 02s do. I found a kit on ebay but they want $64. Any ideas where i can get the Airboot kit cheaper?

What are the stock clicker setting?

Any online shop manuals?

I will post some pic later. I am on honey du duty this mothers day weekend so i need to be carefull with the bike projects.

Thanks

I picked up an '03 a couple weeks ago and the rear spokes were all loose too???

Went out rode m 03 for the first time today. At first i was thinking that my 97 had more power, but after i got going for a while i figured out that it needs to be ridden different. it revs so much more and has a wider sweeet spot in the power. Once i figured it out this thing rips and the bike is so much more predictable. Like weelieing over ruts and small logs it tracks so well. Only thing it was lacking compaired to the 97 being able to chug along at walking speeds. The 97 never flamed out, the 02 did once today. After i corrrect the squish (currently at .070) and put the PWK on it, i am hoping for a little more low end grunt.