is there a "what did you do to your kxf today?" thread yet?

is there one yet? if not there should be i think kxf's and crf's are the best 250 out there followed by yzf and rmz

I think you just started it! I always enjoy reading the crf thread while trying to decide which bike to buy.

My bike is an 06 KX 250f I've had it about 2 weeks. It has limited decal graphics, bumpsticks suspension, FMF power bomb and 4.1 muffler, renthal fat bars, pro taper grips, step up gripper seat, twin air filter, sunstar sprockets. renthal chain, skid plate, and AVS unbreakable clutch lever. I think that is it for now.

Today, I put the new grips on and safety wired them. Washed her up. Swapped back to the stock seat which is shaved down. Did a little riding. Love this bike!

nice bike :thumbsup: i got the 07' kx with some stuff i have to get a full list written down when i type i always forget stuff

stripped my bike down, pulled the motor, pulled the clutch, w:aiting for my cam chain to get here so I can do my top-end with cometic gaskets and a JE 13.8:1 piston.

found my swingarm bolt was siezed, a little PB blaster and a butane torch and she pounded right out!

lots of cleaning going on right now while Im waiting

paid for a used bottom end on ebay and received this guy in the mail from ebay:

KGrHqFh8E2IUCyWsBNoJHEKJ0g0_12.jpg

the stoppers on my lower triple sheared off, so the forks could hit the frame (and has). I needed the lower, and I figured it would be interesting in trying out some different bar positions that the discontinued Pro Taper P3 clamp allows.

also missed out on a slipper clutch on ebay that I thought would be interesting should I ever decide to install my supermoto wheels that have been sitting in the garage for far too long. the hinson slipper went for around $275.

^^^ nice find man. post some pics once u get it on.

stripped my bike down, pulled the motor, pulled the clutch, w:aiting for my cam chain to get here so I can do my top-end with cometic gaskets and a JE 13.8:1 piston.

found my swingarm bolt was siezed, a little PB blaster and a butane torch and she pounded right out!

lots of cleaning going on right now while Im waiting

what clutch you going to put in it? What made you decide on the JE?? Ill be doing the exact same thing this winter.

Who's running what sprockets front and rear? What type of tracks do you run on?

what clutch you going to put in it? What made you decide on the JE?? Ill be doing the exact same thing this winter.

Who's running what sprockets front and rear? What type of tracks do you run on?

JE seems to be one of the more high quality pistons besides CP....Im just using a Tusk HD clutch, hoping it holds up!

I run a primary drive 13t front sprocket and a Tag 49t rear for tighter tracks, I rarely ride outdoor style tracks, usually tighter "SX" style tracks

I cleaned my air filter, changed the oil and oil filter, and ordered new brake pads that i have to pick up tomorrow and put in

which pads u get? stockers?

today, i rode around my yard. i have an acre couple small jumps, dirt should be coming within a couple weeks...gonna make a nice size tabletop! :thumbsup: anyways dialed in the suspension a little more, lube my chain. practiced riding standing only...

got the 07 put back together, bled the cooling system, adjusted the clutch, fixed a couple broken bolts, fired her up for the 1st time since the rebuild, 3 kicks she fired right up and idled good. definitely has more bark to it now with the JE piston replacing the 60 hour OEM piston along with adjusted valves. and I polished the upper frame spars

BTW my bike has 118 hours on it, this is the 3rd piston, cylinder still looks like new, one valve was BARELY out of spec and she runs like a champ.

Put 2 hours on the 11 I got, now giving it some love and greasing everything, setting sag, ect.

I mangled one of my rad guards today, which in turn saved my rad...

Jay.

ebay used bottom end arrived to my office a few minutes ago from UPS...i hope to swap it into my 04 tonight.

KGrHqVk0E2ESQc8HBNoJP4VsEw_12.jpg

KGrHqFksE2I6dSPbBBNoJPfE4rQ_12.jpg

KGrHqZl4E2EEKctCHBNoJPGC85w_12.jpg

KGrHqRiIE2KVm8omUBNoJOsUBN_12.jpg

Got my carburetor back from Tokyomods on Thursday. Friday I spec'd my valves, put the carb on, and got it all together with my repacked FMF 4.1 muffler. Bike fired on the second kick and idled great. Almost forgot, purchased some blue billet engine plugs from Ebay and put those on. Got them from Polensky Racing, they have the three-piece kits going for $25.00 shipped. That is half as much as any of the other kits that make you buy each side separately. I am very impressed with these plugs.

I was surprised to see that Tokyomods changed my jetting a bit. It seems they changed out all of my jets/ needle with new ones, but the ones I checked were #42 pilot to a #45, and #175 main to a #178. They also put an aftermarket fuel screw on it with the number 4 facing the left side of the carb. Included with the AP carb modification, I also purchased blue billet hot start connector and sump, less tension throttle spring, carb vent hose kit, and got all the bolts replaced with allen heads. When I tore the carb down when I got it back, it was spot less. While I cannot comment on the effectiveness of the AP modification because I haven't ridden the bike on a track, I am impressed with Tokyomods efficiency and standards of workmanship. Everything is very clean and trick looking. I will be sure to report back with the seat of the pants feel of the newly worked accelerator pump.

Cheers all.

Chris

Got my carburetor back from Tokyomods on Thursday. Friday I spec'd my valves, put the carb on, and got it all together with my repacked FMF 4.1 muffler. Bike fired on the second kick and idled great. Almost forgot, purchased some blue billet engine plugs from Ebay and put those on. Got them from Polensky Racing, they have the three-piece kits going for $25.00 shipped. That is half as much as any of the other kits that make you buy each side separately. I am very impressed with these plugs

Chris

could ya link us to teh engine plugs?:smirk:

Changed both leavers after a gnarly crash, and put on my new chain. Waiting for my new RC blue fatbar to get here (apparently i bent my stock 09 250f renthal 7/8 bars on that gnarly crash! though someone said they looked slightly bent when I bought the bike, so they may have been weakened). then it's new grips, install the bar and dance around while I wait for my hand to heal so I can ride again =(

That's a great deal $25 for engine plugs!! What type of head do the plugs have? They look like a hex but I'm not exactly sure

I'm didn't get much done today with the bottom end...I ordered gaskets and placed the crankcase on my engine stand that I am almost done building. I just need to make a bracket to hold the back side of the motor. Right now it is resting on a rubber mallet.

2998b0ed.jpg

That's a great deal $25 for engine plugs!! What type of head do the plugs have? They look like a hex but I'm not exactly sure

6mm and 8mm hex heads, you are correct. They rock!