Jumping with 5 missing spokes?

Ok,i had some loose spokes fly into my rim and pop the intertube.well since then i removed the 5 spokes and patched the intertube.its all put together now and i was wondering if i could jump with the missing spokes?i only jump about 2-4 ft high and 10-15ft distance wise.Is it ok to jump?

you must be kidding, riding with spokes breaking is dangerous enough, jumping would be suicidal in my opinion. get your wheel fixed before something bad happens...

^ ...+1

you must be kidding, riding with spokes breaking is dangerous enough, jumping would be suicidal in my opinion. get your wheel fixed before something bad happens...

well the reason the spokes broke is because a stick got jammed into my wheel.all the other spokes are tight and in great condition.honestly i dont think it would be that bad but im not sure so i asked.anyone elses opinions?

This must be an IQ test.

Damn.so if i cant jump can i at least trail ride? I ride every weekend and this is gonna ruin it if i cant ride.

I too wonder about this one. If you have to ride the bike and have no other means to fix it to get back it's better than walking. You may tweak the rim to never be able to straighten it again. Fix it. How hard is it to put in a few spokes?

You should replace those spokes ASAP. Every broken spoke compromises the strength of the rest of them, especially if a stick took out 5 in the same area. I just bought a wheel&spoke set for my son's bike off e-bay for 35 bucks, for that price why even take the chance?

You should replace those spokes ASAP. Every broken spoke compromises the strength of the rest of them, especially if a stick took out 5 in the same area. I just bought a wheel&spoke set for my son's bike off e-bay for 35 bucks, for that price why even take the chance?
thats the funny thing.the spokes that got took out weren't even inf the same area.

The best thing about the idea of a free country is that you are on your own when it comes to risk analysis.

Good Luck!

thats the funny thing.the spokes that got took out weren't even inf the same area.

Look, you're looking for people to tell you it's okay BUT IT'S NOT! Just get it fixed before you hurt yourself or damage you're wheel any further.

Regardless, 5 spokes will turn into 5 more, and so on, untill it explodes and your but will look like a cross between a pin cushion and a porcupine.

I would take this as a blessing in disguise... You should take the time to learn how a wheel goes together, buy the spokes and lace them up. Better safe than sorry, and a wheel is only as strong as it's weakest point. I'm sure you can youtube a tutorial about putting spokes back in a wheel if you need a visual aid. Read up on it. There's no replacement for knowledge. :thumbsup:

I totally agree, you need to replace the missing spokes. It is just like a chain, it is only as strong as it's weakest link. When I worked at bike shops, you would not believe the people that would come in with things. I once had someone that wanted to double masterlink a chain.... I started laughing at him, then stated that we wouldn't do it with all the liability.

just remove 5 from the other wheel to balance things out.

and then shove them up your ass for being a retard.

just remove 5 from the other wheel to balance things out.
and then shove them up your ass for being a retard.

Nicely put.

You should seriously consider this feedback as a sign. It would have to be a life or death situation for me to ride a bike missing five spokes. If I weren't injured, I would ride in first gear and avoid everything just to get back to the truck, but to ride the bike in that condition intentionally is just plain dangerous and stupid. Fix your bike and enjoy it and the ability to walk.

yeah +1 to all of these posts,i dropped my front end into a grass covered hole that wasnt in the trail 3 weeks ago,missing 5 spokes probably would have folded the rim or at the very least bent it horribly,your face isnt worth the risk,you never know what your gonna hit when trail riding,nature has a nasty way of changing her face and not telling you

This is another one of those threads where, if you listen closely, you can hear natural selection calling...

i jumped like 50+ft numberous times with 3 spokes gone from the rear and most of them loose..

on my "old" bike

Looking at a wheel, what do spokes do? Strength and rigidity, I want to know how it ends!!!:thumbsup:

I have 6 lug nuts, 4 studs are broke, 1 is loose is it still safe to drive cross country, towing a goose neck.

Bwahahaha