2008 kx 85

I need some suggestions. My son 12 yrs old and recently had a growing spurt, he is now 5'5 / 5'6 and 130 lbs. Over the winter I had a ton of high performance work done on the moter by professional engine builder and suspension work for his weight. The bike is awesome and ripping fast. He went to a mx school a few wks. ago and is doing good but the bike is to small for him but the power is fine. I've been looking at 125's but a late model yz or ktm is not cheap even if you can find one, very scarce. I was also thinking about converting to big wheel. I think I need kx 100 swing arm rear brake line and front and rear rims and tires. i figure that would cost me between $500 and $700 depending on what I find. I would welcome your suggestions. Thanks

You can do the conversion using parts from E-bay, but your wasting your time and money. He'll be too big for that bike before you're done tightening the bolts.

You can do the conversion using parts from E-bay, but your wasting your time and money. He'll be too big for that bike before you're done tightening the bolts.

I'm thinking the same thing.I just put so much money into this bike, and he probably only has 5 or 6 hrs. on it since the engine rebuild and suspension work. He also was doing good in his class and I'm afraid the school boy class might be to much for him. He is not riding now due to a broken leg, so I have time to list his bike and find a nice 125. Thanks for your reply.

Sorry! Just my opinion....lol

Sorry! Just my opinion....lol

Thanks, I'm looking for opinion to guide me. I just need to cut my loss and sell this bike. I dont even know what to list it for. Not mant good used 125's out there. I cant afford a new one. I was thinking I should stay in the yrs. of 2006 and up YZ.