XRL fork brace

looked around and didn't see anything. theres a ton of flex in the forks of the xrl and have heard a little about the fork brace. tell me more please if you use or know about them. are they worth the money? please post a link to some.

Best mod I put on my XRL especially for a heavy bike and my 260lbs. I definitely HIGHLY recommend installing one, it completely transformed the handling of my bike. It stabilizes the front end and the bike really a whole lot better in the soft stuff and in the ruts. I'd have to search my posts to see where I got it. I think I paid $95 plus shipping but totally worth it. Buy it , install it, enjoy it

Question : Does it really take 15-20 minutes to install, as stated in the RSW link above ? It looks to me like it just clamps onto the forks with ( I assume) four allen bolts. Is installation more involved than this ?

My XRs Only fork brace came with a STRONG warning that told you to make SURE there is clearance for the suspension under full compression. The only way to check this is to remove the fork caps and fork springs. It came with instructions and a marking template to trim the sides of the front fender.

If the fender pushes the fork brace down onto the tire, your wheel will stop immediately. It would really suck to find out the hard way.

As for the benefits..I was indifferent. I had it on for a while and then took if off. I thought it was ok either way. I ride mostly off road, often finding the limits of the suspension. maybe the road is different but on the trails, the front end drifts around a lot anyway. It never seems to be pointing exactly where I'm going. Just the nature of dirt riding. The XR was always pretty good at correcting itself from sudden jolts.

My XRs Only fork brace came with a STRONG warning that told you to make SURE there is clearance for the suspension under full compression. The only way to check this is to remove the fork caps and fork springs. It came with instructions and a marking template to trim the sides of the front fender.

If the fender pushes the fork brace down onto the tire, your wheel will stop immediately. It would really suck to find out the hard way.

As for the benefits..I was indifferent. I had it on for a while and then took if off. I thought it was ok either way. I ride mostly off road, often finding the limits of the suspension. maybe the road is different but on the trails, the front end drifts around a lot anyway. It never seems to be pointing exactly where I'm going. Just the nature of dirt riding. The XR was always pretty good at correcting itself from sudden jolts.

its just scary flying down some of the places i ride looking at the GPS and front tire doing 65mph and you see how much it really flexes around. also, i thing my rim may be bent just a hair or two. my need to balance the tires. i just know my CR's were not like this and i know its a whole diff setup were talking about here. maybe i just need to take a few chill pills and not worry about it

The RSW brace did not come with any warning text & I found out the hard way going west out of Laughlin on the Mojave trail:foul: Lucky it didn't spit me off! I had the brace on & off many times & finally decided for me the forks have a better feel without the brace?

I use this rsw brace only with my 17'' supermoto rims, if i go trailriding i think i leave it off because i don't want to trim the front vender but outhere (the netherlands) there is not much of nice trail we can go (legal) without the cops coming after ya haha

FTC! ?

The RSW brace did not come with any warning text & I found out the hard way going west out of Laughlin on the Mojave trail:foul: Lucky it didn't spit me off! I had the brace on & off many times & finally decided for me the forks have a better feel without the brace?

Yes, it's a real hazard that people should be aware of. Flying over the bars and having a 320lb bike land on you is not fun.

Yes, it's a real hazard that people should be aware of. Flying over the bars and having a 320lb bike land on you is not fun.

Wow I was not aware of this problem, now you got me thinking but I'm not sure if I should be worried about it. If it would have bottomed out I would have thought by now it would have happened. I've had mine on for at least 18 months and road it hard.

I never really thought the stock forks were worth more than $20 themselves.. can't justify spending $100 on them. I'm saving my cash for USD's. these xrl forks are the worst I've ever rode on, since my 80s rod forks