Sign in to follow this  

please confirm my jetting choice

Ok I know you all are thinking another carb jet question.Ill make this simple and im sure this has been covered to death and I apologize....

specs:

05 drz 400 S

3x3 mod

FMF powerbomb header and powercore silencer w/quiet core

Columbus Ohio(sea level?)

From what Ive gathered I need to install a 155 main jet(full exhaust)...yes?

Also Ive read that I can keep the stock 22.5 pilot and buy a keintech extended screw or go with a 25 pilot and keep the stock fuel screw...yes?Which option is best?Im thinking keintech screw and keep stock pilot to make adjustments easier???

Previous owner installed a DJ stage one jet kit so I assume I have the preferred needle and slide springs because the DJ box that came with the bike appears to have the stock needle in it.How do I tell?Needle in there now doesnt have any part #s on it...

Clip position 4th from top...yes?

Ok lastly Im ditching the vacuum petcock....cheapest option and where to buy?

Thanks a ton this site is the best by far and you guys definately know your stuff!!!!

:thumbsup:

I wonder how many times Eddie has spewed jetting info in his life?You know your stuff man!!!

With the 25 pilot i keep the stock fuel screw....wont it be a P.I.A adjust?Can I use the keintech screw with the 25 pilot to make adjustment easier?I can just see myself with a little flat head screwdriver trying to reach the stock fuel screw now....hahaha

i believe you can use the stock pilot, and get the extended fuel screw

if you use the extended screw use the 22.5. definately makes life easier.

base screw position with this setup?

I'm in the same boat and keep running into conflicting advice. What to do with the pilot jet? I don't see any of the kits including the pilot jets, and after searching the Internet, I can't find pilot jets in any sizes but stock 22.5. I am getting some surging at lower RPM's 3000-4000. Fuel screw 3 turns out. It seems lean too me. Does the extended adjustment screw make the jet circuit richer some how? Where is a good source for the jet kits and pilot jets and extended fuel screw?

Thanks all,

Bowen

I'm in the same boat and keep running into conflicting advice. What to do with the pilot jet? I don't see any of the kits including the pilot jets, and after searching the Internet, I can't find pilot jets in any sizes but stock 22.5. I am getting some surging at lower RPM's 3000-4000. Fuel screw 3 turns out. It seems lean too me. Does the extended adjustment screw make the jet circuit richer some how? Where is a good source for the jet kits and pilot jets and extended fuel screw?

Thanks all,

Bowen

You would be best to install a JD jet kit and an extended fuel screw.In most cases you will leave the stock 22.5 pj as is ,when using an extended screw...The TT Parts store usually stocks both of the above....

Run thru this test to check your pilot circuit ..http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327405