Sign in to follow this  

melted my BRAND NEW pants

:thumbsup::worthy:

i stopped to rest and leaned up against the bike. could have been worse and melted skin but it didnt so it was still a good day. :confused:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Done the same thing several times, including last month to a brand new pair of Klim's.:thumbsup: Usually not on my bike but when I'm taking a look at a buddies bike.

what really sucks is every time you ride from this point on, you will smell your mistake once the pipe heats up.

welcome to the club

what really sucks is every time you ride from this point on, you will smell your mistake once the pipe heats up.
its called cleaning man.

join the club dude lol

Yep, first time I rode my sons new crf it happened to me. It's gone now...:thumbsup: BRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

once you've scraped most of the burt stuff off the header, using oven cleaner and scotch brite will get the rest off. sucks about your new pants though :thumbsup:

heat shields on the header pipe is a VERY SMART thing to have, why? if you ever crash and that exhaust falls on you.... look out.... even with a heat shield it helps alot, my bro, on a 84 DR 100 4 stroke, crashed, and the muffler was on his leg melted his skin, he got 2nd degree burns on his calf, and thats from a smaller bike... imagine a 450, i'd say instant 1st degree burn.....

Get a 2 stroke and you won't have to worry about that.

The oil stain thread is two doors down....

I'm more pissed that my pants melted on my nicely heated purple and blue FMF TI mega bomb header, leaving it black and ugly!

I have lots of gear with burn marks and holes in it, usually happens on the 1st or second ride with new gear...and yes it SUCKS BIGTIME!

Yup, this happened to my new gear when I bought my first 4T back in 2003. Since then I steer clear of the header. But, then again I own a 2T now! :confused: And no oil stains...just gotta jet properly man! :thumbsup: