Sign in to follow this  

Any Problems With the 2011 250SXF?

Hey guys, I'm considering a 2011 250 SXF in the near future and wanted to know if there have been any problems with them. Are you just keeping up regular maintenance with no problems? Has it been pretty reliable? Thanks.

got my 2011 250 sxf last fall when arrived at dealer. absolutely no problems. just gas up, change oil and filter, clean air filter, and ride it hard.

Any Problems With the 2011 250SXF?

1) Its orange. Shop around some.

just 3 so far with our 2011 that has only 10 hours on it:

1. shift shaft was too long and enabled drive chain to saw into the shift lever (KTM warrantied by replacing with new shift shaft)

2. the Membrane Holder INKL PIN SET (P/N 48600519S3) failed by cracking and causing an oil leak at the top of the triple clamp. (KTM warrantied by replacing with a new part)

3. bike stalled today at the track for no apparent reason, was restarted once and then stalled right away and now will not restart at all, my guess is the TPS is faulty but we are taking it in Friday to the dealer to see if they can run a diagnostic check.

just 3 so far with our 2011 that has only 10 hours on it:

1. shift shaft was too long and enabled drive chain to saw into the shift lever (KTM warrantied by replacing with new shift shaft)

2. the Membrane Holder INKL PIN SET (P/N 48600519S3) failed by cracking and causing an oil leak at the top of the triple clamp. (KTM warrantied by replacing with a new part)

3. bike stalled today at the track for no apparent reason, was restarted once and then stalled right away and now will not restart at all, my guess is the TPS is faulty but we are taking it in Friday to the dealer to see if they can run a diagnostic check.

From a 2011 450 SX-F. The "MEMBRANE HOLDER" is Austrian for "cartridge tube". Same part on all closed cartridge forks for all WP's since 2008. Perhaps they had a bad batch. :lol:

FAILED_WP_CC_CART_SMALL-600x450.jpg

My brother and I are both having the same left fork issue. Can you give me any other info how u were able to have them warranty the issue. The dealer is trying to make us pay 600 each so I may have to climb the ladder to ktm usa.