Sign in to follow this  

FCR question

Don't worry this isn't another jetting question. I installed my FCR today and it is wonderful. The bike accelerates so much better now. Jetted it as per the TT faq instructions and it runs perfect.

My question is though how well is your carb seated into the rear boot? Mine looks like it is barely in there. But if I put it in anymore my throttle assembly rubs the frame. I think I can barely see the edge of the carb in the boot but I just went for about a 30 min ride and the bike ran great. Are your FCR carbs about the same?

And now I have to start saving money again to get a big bore kit and replace my FMF with an MRD. Someone want to give some money?

seat it fully into the air boot,tighten the clamp. pull the carb foward into the manifold and and tighten clamp.

I had to unbolt the air box and pull everything towards the carb. Once everything was tightened down I bolted the airbox back in. I grinded a corner off of my throttle cover to make it fit. I also grinded away where the bolt goes into the oil tank return (that black box) to move the box outward (to starboard) to make more room for the carb. If you use oil like wd-40 you can spray it around your connections. If they leak blue smoke will come out your exhaust, kind of like fogging a motor when you store it.

I think the fcr is the most exciting mod a drz owner can do.

FYI, my carb was off a 450yfz which made it very difficult to install unless you can weld aluminum.

Don't worry this isn't another jetting question. I installed my FCR today and it is wonderful. The bike accelerates so much better now. Jetted it as per the TT faq instructions and it runs perfect.

My question is though how well is your carb seated into the rear boot? Mine looks like it is barely in there. But if I put it in anymore my throttle assembly rubs the frame. I think I can barely see the edge of the carb in the boot but I just went for about a 30 min ride and the bike ran great. Are your FCR carbs about the same?

And now I have to start saving money again to get a big bore kit and replace my FMF with an MRD. Someone want to give some money?

Could you post a link as to where this is...im new to the site and cant navigate it real well yet...lol