Sign in to follow this  

cheap standard petcock?

ditching the vacuum petcock.Where do i buy a good standard one?I read somewhere that one from a yamaha wrx 400 works for like $20???

The wr one works well. There is interference with the seam on the stock tank. Not too big a deal

Yamaha Raptor 600 fits well. $25 from Yamaha dealer. Is not a vacuum petcock though so you need to close off that line to carb or plug the port on the carb. Does have "ON, "OFF" and reserve. I like the way it fits better than the WR400 petcock.

got a part # for the raptor valve by chance?Gonna place an order with the local yammie dealer in the AM

got a part # for the raptor valve by chance?Gonna place an order with the local yammie dealer in the AM

5LP-24500-01-00.........$23.14 thru the tt oem store

Yamaha Part # 15LP-24500-01-00 $22.12 + tax = $23.95 at my local Yamaha dealer. Hooked it up today and works great. Better fit than the WR400 petcock in my opinion. Keep in mind this requires you to cap the nipple on the carb where the petcock vacuum line goes. I can post a picture if you want to see it. I used the metal spacer but if you trim the petcock handle just a bit you do not need it.