I'm working on a friend's 230, and the front forks are pretty soft. So, along the line of what I've done to TTR 125's, I... Took 3 inches of coil off of the tightly stacked side of the spring. The spring was 24.25 inches long to start, and I added back a PVC spacer so that the length was 24 and a half now. I cut the spring by holding it to the side of a bench grinder. It's pretty wiggly trying to hack saw it. The oil level was 8.5 inches from the top with the fork compressed and the spring out. The spec is 161 mm, or divided by 25.4, 6.33 inches. Yes, it was 2 inches low on oil. That doesn't help an already spongy fork. I refilled with 15 weight rather than the stock 10 weight. Reassembly took about 2 minutes. This is the easiest fork ever to change oil on. A huge piece of PVC was $1.30, plus a bottle of fork oil. Entire project time maybe 45 minutes, because the Derby was on. The result was a noticeably stiffer fork, in a good way. Less bottoming over little stuff, more controlled. Still soft-ish, and always will be, but not downright bouncy.