Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400E exhaust on DRZ400S

Will the DR400E exhaust pipe fit on my DRZ400s with a DRZ400E headpipe. I heard the DRZ400E muffler has only 2 baffles and my DRZ400S has 3 baffles. I know this muffler is still quiet. Would there be a little more power. I need to have a quiet bike for sneeking around the city.

im not completely sure of this but i thoughT the only difference in north american E's as far as the exhaust goes is the head pipe/ muffler being the same as all the other models except for the mid pipe mounting. there is power to be gained just not as much a full after market exhaust. i couldn't imagine a full E exhaust being much louder, then a S

The muffler end is same baffle so no difference in noise (assuming the "E" one has not been drilled out. If it has you can use your baffle off your "S muffler. The "E" header will bolt on but you must use an "e' muffler also. The hole by the passenger foot peg does not line up but I ran my "E" muffler without that bolt most of the time including two 500 mile off-road adventures with no problems. Can still use the passenger foot pegs if you want without a problem. There is a foot peg mount adapter (I just sold one on here) but it is not needed.