Problem..need your thoughts.

Quick rundown....changed oil last week...i run motul 7100 10w40 full synthetic. it is the red stuff. ive run it for 2000 miles with no issues. Went riding today...swamped the bike good...full sinker...rode on further and bike started to want to die at idle. Had trouble restarting and by chance looked at the sightglass for the oil and saw it looked like strawberry ice cream...very light pink...tells me that there is water in the case...fortunately i was able to restart and get out the 3 miles we were in...i might even have gopro footage of how deep it was swamped...i managed to keep it running and keep water from getting sucked into the exhaust system...Question is: how much water got in...how did it get in...and what do i do to totally rid the caes of any water. i've ruled out a water jacket/coolant issue...coolant in rad looks good and unchanged. I'm draining the case as we speak...what now? and what should i be looking for do you think?

Thanks Yanni, Ive since drained it and 95% of the oil looked good...the other 5% was milky...but the sightglass is as white as can be...you cna't see through it and it doesn't seem to show any sign of coming off...like it needs to be rinsed...don't know why it is all gathered around there. I'm gonna let it drip and drain overnight and see what it looks like in the AM. All the damn shops are closed SUN,MON and i work Tues,wed, thurs...gonna hafta get it sorted somehow...i could leave it dry and open for a few days and then start changing it out.

What's with the whole closed Sun-Mon thing? That really annoys me. Just saying.

"Oh, Sunday is race day" Yeah, uh, no it's not. What is this.... So Cal in '75 with box vans heading to Saddleback?

Good luck with the oil issue- sounds like it wasn't as bad as you thought.

What's with the whole closed Sun-Mon thing? That really annoys me. Just saying.

"Oh, Sunday is race day" Yeah, uh, no it's not. What is this.... So Cal in '75 with box vans heading to Saddleback?

Good luck with the oil issue- sounds like it wasn't as bad as you thought.

Thanks nuts...hoping it'll just be a matter of a few quarts of oil (at $16/Qt!) and a couple heat cycles to get er all cleaned up. Just glad it isn't coolant!...and yeah...what is up with being closed on a sunday...prime riding/wrenching day...just sayin!

I think Yan had the best suggestion of filling, running and draining until it runs clean. I'm thinking you took some water through a drain line? Also, check the top of your clutch cover. On some of my past dirtbikes, I've seen cable grommets get tweaked and spit oil although you said you kept it running which should have created positive pressure in the case and probably would only let in a small amount of water. Remember, that even a small amount of water [teaspoon size] would create a "milkshake" when agitated so it may not be as bad as you think. As for your sight-glass, that's not going to come off unless you clean it. Chances are you'll have that film all over the inside of the case. If you could somehow get a pressurized sprayer and get some kind of cleaner [maybe a wd-40 type product] to spray into your drain and fill plugs, you may get most of it out and even clean your sight glass. Wouldn't hurt to check with your local Kawi mechanic either. Just thinking here......good luck bro

I had a little water get in my case and the sight glass was white even after I drained it. Once the oil came out as clean as it went in I rode it and the sight glass eventually cleared up. Actually it only took one good ride to get the bike nice and hot and the glass is crystal clear now.

After a late night of drinking beer and watching hockey(i am canadian y'know) i started to pull her apart. First thing i noticed was the water line on the airfilter...so it looks like she got thirsty and had a gulp...i guess i am gonna be pulling the carb and cleaning it out. Does anyone know if there is anything i can use to "clean" the inside of the case...like a "pour it in-run for 2 mins-and empty" kinda product? I'm thinking just cycling a couple quarts of oil will be the best bet but if anyone knows a better way?

and yeah...what is up with being closed on a sunday...prime riding/wrenching day...just sayin!

I'll give you a clue here: the prime riding days see little to no activity in a dealership....the riders are all out riding.

Oh, yeah, maybe a guy will come sliding into the shop needing a part he has just broken on the track/trail....usually for a brand of bike the shop doesn't carry, so it's a lose-lose situation. Even Saturday afternoons are very slow for the very same reason.

Sorry guys, the people who work at bike dealerships need time off so they can ride, too. That's why the shops are closed. Many shops have found that Sundays and Mondays show so little customer traffic that it doesn't pay to have the lights on and employees on the clock. That's why another reason they are closed on those days. Thank you for your understanding....

I'll give you a clue here: the prime riding days see little to no activity in a dealership....the riders are all out riding.

Oh, yeah, maybe a guy will come sliding into the shop needing a part he has just broken on the track/trail....usually for a brand of bike the shop doesn't carry, so it's a lose-lose situation. Even Saturday afternoons are very slow for the very same reason.

Sorry guys, the people who work at bike dealerships need time off so they can ride, too. That's why the shops are closed. Many shops have found that Sundays and Mondays show so little customer traffic that it doesn't pay to have the lights on and employees on the clock. That's why another reason they are closed on those days. Thank you for your understanding....

I already understood it...doesn't mean i have to like it! LOL It seems i only break sh*t on Saturdays..late in the day.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I own a pizza place and I could say the same, though... sometimes you just have to take it in the can, you know?

Not looking for full-staff, either- but I do know the deal with overhead and.... yeah, I'm just a whiney little bitch.

The Sunday doesn't bug me at all- Sunday AND Monday-- that bugs me a little.

Closing at 4 on Saturday, closed Sun & Mon (like my local place that I love), that bugs me a bit- but more likely, I'm just jealous I can't do that!

For cleaning the engine case I would recomend filling the motor with standard cheap motor oil (to save money) adding a little Sea Foam to help absorb the moisture and clean, starting and riding gently up to temp and dumping the oil. Probably repeat it a second time before putting in good oil and running it.

You can use Sea Foam in your crankcase to help remove the water. Use it conjunction with the oil, run it, drain it and should help. This happened with a TTR 125 we used to own. Worked like a champ. Good luck!

I think I might pick up a gallon of WD-40, mix it 50/50 with cheap motor oil, pour the mix into the crankcase, fire the engine and let it idle for about a minute (engaging and disengaging the clutch to let the mix work its way between the plates, drain it, and repeat. You'll still have a lot of WD-40 left over and it makes a wonderful chain cleaner (soak the chain in a pan of WD-40). The WD-40 is a light lubricant, whereas the SeaFoam has little lubricating capability. SeaFoam around here is about $12/pint, whereas WD-40 is about $22/gallon (<$3/pint)

I am not so sure that WD-40 would make your' clutch happy.

I wouldn't run anything except 100% oil in the skoot. Eventually all residue will work through the system and/or be absorbed from the new oil. At the very least, I would change my oil filter every ride for a while, as it will probably catch most of the residue and clog quickly. Hey Dirk, I liked "swamped skoot". I'll bet that was fun getting out lol:foul:

So....3 qts of oil and a filter later and she's good. Gonna go for a 3hr "hell-ride" today and put her through the paces. Surprised you noticed the vid Romey....I just put it up yesterday. I'll post for others. This is how she got thirsty! Doesn't look too bad but the mud at the bottom had a steely grip and it took eveything i had to pull it out and keep it above water. Let this serve as a reminder....it's not the evil single track that'll get you...its the harmless looking puddles between trails that'll get you!