stolen 2010 RMZ250

So last year I bought a new 2010 YZF450 and just finished paying it

off. A few weeks ago, I purchased a new 2010 RMZ250 and made my first payment. Those two bikes are my pride and joy and what I

work for and live for every weekend as I'm running the D6 Ultimate

Series. During the night of April 19th, that was all taken away from me. A couple of thugs broke my garage door in the middle of the night and walked away with both of my bikes, 15000$. I just put some fresh graphics and a hammerhead shift lever on my new RMZ as I was getting ready to take it to Englishtown for the first time the next morning. As I got up in the morning to load up my bikes, I noticed a gaping hole in the garage door and my missing bikes. I freaked the hell out and called the cops and every body else that could help me. I got my YZF450 back the next day completely destroyed after some thug got caught when he crashed it. He's in the hospital. He hit a car at full speed and demolished my bike as well as himself with no helmet. Of course he's not answering any questions regarding my bikes. The RMZ has not been found yet. I'm making payments on a bike I don't have. Of course my home insurance company won't cover the bikes. I had to pay an additional $350 to the impound place to get my YZF back that is completely destroyed. I feel like my life has been taken away from me. I've made flyers, gone to all the neighboring police stations, phone calls, online and print ads, etc.

Is there any advice anyone have for me in terms of insurance or anything else

I could do to salvage this problem. I want to sue them

but from what I hear, these people have nothing in terms of money

and have large criminal reputations, and the cops said I would be lucky to get anything back. My bike has #29 on the number plates and black hammerhead shift lever with gold tip and was spotted in West Trenton by Calhoun st. and West state street. Any info call 609 558 4255

Thanks

I feel soo bad for you man. I would just check on craigslist and maybe eBay for your rmz.

Do you have the VIN written anywhere?

I would for sure take the guy to court.

My other advice is to not live in dirty jersey, that would help.

BTW, what happened in terms of damage to the YZ?

Good luck to you.

That sucks man, I'm paranoid that my bike will get stolen. Buddy down the street from me got his garage broken into but his neighbor caught them before they got in. Sorry for your luck and hope for the best

Also invest in a ADT security system.

If I was you I would keep track of the guy in the hospital and just when he is ready to get out beat that Mother %*#^er till he quits breathing. This makes my blood boil to the point of snapping into a uncontrollable rage.

The YZF's frame was completely split on both sides and below near the steering stem. Basically only the wires were holding the front end together. All the wires are completely messed up. The front wheel is completely blown up. I think I'll be able to save the engine. Not sure about the front forks. I'll be able to save the shock, the seat, and the rear wheel. The whole frame and subframe are ruined.

I spoke to a lawyer and some other people and they told me that suing these thugs will get me nothing because they don't have anything to give. I don't understand that. I don't understand the world we live in. Home insurance doesn't cover dirtbikes eventhough it was stolen INSIDE my house?? The fricking thugs don't have to pay me back because they don't have the money?? Why doesn't the state give me back my money and make these ******** pay the state back some how. Why am I getting screwed??? It's frickin depressing... I want my ******* bike back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really sucks, the laws in your state are a bit twisted favoring crimals. One thing about Michigan is that anything that has a note on it is requred to have full coverage insurance on it, even dirt bikes, just in case it does get wadded up or stolen.

The police should be able to hold the guy that crashed, he has to know who has your other bike. And reguardless of how much the other guy has I'd still sue him.

Man I have a hard time reading this, I have had things stolen from me in the past, nowhere near as important or expensive as your bikes, but it is the worst feeling in the world. I really hope that something positive works out for you. Why won't your insurance company cover the bikes if they were in your house, is it because they are off road vehicles? I need to call my insurance agent and find out what is or what isn't covered.

I have to say criminals get away with everything, they have no accountablility it is always someone's fault for their POOR choices they make.

I am getting insurance on my RM250 2004 and my wifes 2003 XR70R because 'if' they are stolen then I would get something back.

I have had insurance on race-bikes in the past, I think it was about $300 a year or so.

The person who stole should be required to pay you for the bikes, but our legal system caters to those who break laws and bleeding heart liberals. Just my opinion.

You cant get blood from a turnip. It doesnt matter what laws your state has

You cant get blood from a turnip. It doesnt matter what laws your state has

I totally agree, those same people are on welfare/food-stamps and blame society for all of their woes...

These people cost everyone money, just low-life creeps.

I think I would like that on my truck window, 'You can't get blood from a turnip'...

:thumbsup:

This really sucks, the laws in your state are a bit twisted favoring crimals. One thing about Michigan is that anything that has a note on it is requred to have full coverage insurance on it, even dirt bikes, just in case it does get wadded up or stolen.

The police should be able to hold the guy that crashed, he has to know who has your other bike. And reguardless of how much the other guy has I'd still sue him.

Who fed you that line of crap about Michigan?? There is no "state" requirement that mandates you have full coverage insurance on anything note on it. Only the lender can require the buyer to carry full coverage insurance on a bike, car, boat or whatever.

Second,sucks your bike was stolen but who and what made you think that your homeowners would cover dirtbikes?? I cant believe how clueless people are. Anything with a motor that is titled must have its own policy. I see this all the time, people get their crap stolen and cry a river because they didnt have insurance. Its less than 200 bucks a year to have full comprehensive insurance with a 100 dollar deductable(depending on your credit rating and insurance rating) Why would you not do the research and properly insure your belongings.

Who fed you that line of crap about Michigan?? There is no "state" requirement that mandates you have full coverage insurance on anything note on it. Only the lender can require the buyer to carry full coverage insurance on a bike, car, boat or whatever.

Second,sucks your bike was stolen but who and what made you think that your homeowners would cover dirtbikes?? I cant believe how clueless people are. Anything with a motor that is titled must have its own policy. I see this all the time, people get their crap stolen and cry a river because they didnt have insurance. Its less than 200 bucks a year to have full comprehensive insurance with a 100 dollar deductable(depending on your credit rating and insurance rating) Why would you not do the research and properly insure your belongings.

WOW what an ass.

Ok, this was your first post, so I'm going to give you a rookie pass and not flame you. Even though I should :thumbsup:

In the future feel free to comment when ever you feel like you have some value to add to the subject. How ever the rules of the road here are simple, NEVER make it pesonal and NEVER think you know it all ~ clearly you do not.

Hey, he said the right things. Just in a manner that makes you mad.

To the OP..you are 33 and you say you feel like your life has been taken away from you because your bikes were stolen, lets not be dramatic. The fact is you should have had the bikes insured, plain and simple. I hate scum bags as much as anyone, but the fact is they are a part of life and many times life isnt fair. But these are dirt bikes you lost, and i know that it is your reality right now..but its not like you just got news you have cancer or a loved one passed. Try and put things in perspective and learn from it. I would upset like you, but its not the end of the world. Onward and upward my friend.-Shrub

Edited by shrub73

Dude already lost his bike. Just kinda of harsh way to tell him he should have insured it. I am sure he knows that now. To the OP That sucks sorry to hear that. Unfortunately the damage is done so you will only be able to insure any new bikes you get. That being said I hate theives. Why we ever stopped killing them I don't know. Get a Rope!!! Just over a hundred years ago a Marshal would track them down and hung them for you. If you shot them in the head no one would question it they would be like well shouldn't have stole from him. We have the bleeding hearts running this country where you would go to jail if you killed that guy. W T F !!!

Well back then the wrong guy was killed most of the time too. But that doesnt really belong in this thread

Well back then the wrong guy was killed most of the time too. But that doesnt really belong in this thread

Well I guess you can be a bleeding heart and let people steal from you. Maybe that should be our new law. Punishment will be set by the person who had there item stolen. Then the theives can prey on people like you and hope they read it right and stay away from me. Glad to know while you are giving away our right to defend ourselves and property you also don't care about the 1st. ammendment. Maybe you think you should decide who can speak their mind. This is an open public forum right? You don't have to agree with me but who do you think you are to tell me when and where I can speak my mind.

Update us on any status with the bikes, sorry to hear about that. To you guys saying to insure your bikes, I bought my bike for $1600, and Ive had it for 3 or 4 years now. If I payed $300 every year, then I would have payed just as much as it costs to replace the bike by now. I guess if my bikes were worth $7,000 each I would probably look into it more. OP there has to be a way to get your money these guys.