Any suggestions for oil for a 98 300mxc?

Hi there. I just picked up a 1998 KTM 300 mxc. One of the fastest bikes I have ever riden. Anyways, it didnt come with a manual and I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions about a 2 cycle oil to use. Preferably something I can find at a common place like autozone, walmart, etc. I understand synthetic oils are popular. Any suggestions on brand?

Thanks in advance!

Mobile 1. That's all I use in everything I have, car, truck, bike, tractors, lawn equipment, I used their 2 stroke oil when I rode 2 strokes and loved it, all my buddies that still ride 2t use it also

walmart oil is made by one of the big manufacturers. probly penzzoil or valvoline. should be reasonably priced. seems like castrol is also fairly cheap, auto parts stores usually have it

Use the search function!

YES!!!!:thumbsup: HAHA, I have always wanted to say that!

Just kidding

CAVEAT: So I'll start off by saying, this is my first 2 stroke, I am not a mechanic, but I do understand bikes and I do all maintenance on every bike I have owned and have never had any major problems with any of my bikes. The only thing better than riding them is taking them apart!

I have a 1999 300 (my first 2 stroke also, so I'm willing to bet our manuals say the same thing. I would just do what the manual says, and since you don't have one I will tell you what mine says.

My manuals exact wording for you inquiry is:

FUEL: unleaded SUPER fuel, research octane no 95, mixed with high-grade two stroke oil (Shell Advance Racing X) I have never actually seen this product, but from what I gather it is recockulously expensive!!! I use Motorex Crosspower 2T (mainly cause KTM recommends it on the newer KTM's)

OIL/GASOLINE RATIO: 1:40 – 1:60 when using high grade two stroke oil. When in doubt, please contact your importer or use 1:40 mix ratio to be on the safe side. I run 1:40, currently I believe in the philosophy of, "More oil is better", I could be wrong but to me more oil means more lubrication, which means parts last longer, and since I'm poor, that's a good thing!!!....But I may start running 1:50 for a more richer ratio. The next piece is to sort jetting!

Edited by riding4life162