Sign in to follow this  

01 rm125 im in need of help

ok so i bought my 2001 rm125 last fall its was beat so i did plastics,graphics,tires,wheel berrings, lvers bars i paid 1200 it had a broken chain and no axle nut so i fixed it all i rode it during the winter so i rejetted the main to a size 490 i think and stock is 460 it ran good all winter so i rode the hell out of it i shut it off for literally 7 minutes went to start it and it didnt start pulled the plug and discovered it had no spark so i put a stator in it and now it runs like absolute crap it barely runs and when it does it just crackles farts and pops so ive run out of money to put into this bike im in need of help ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED i have been off my bike for almost 2 months and had planned on racing ALSO I DID A TOP END REBUILD MID WINTER ..........PLEASE HELP

Did you set the timing correctly when you put the new stator in?

Check the wiring harness and coil. It may have a broken wire that is barely touching now that you changed the stator. Wiggle the wires if they seem good. There may be a weak connection. That's where I would start.

There is an aligning mark on the stator as well as on the cranckcase.

When mounting the stator, align the F mark on the stator with the index mark on the case. This is necessary to ensure proper ignition timing.

is there a certain way i should put the flywheel on when i do????????????? i have given up on this damn thing!!! for sale any1 wanna buy a nice bike located in new york???????????

not local, always open to having some spare parts tho if youre parting it :thumbsup:

is there a certain way i should put the flywheel on when i do????????????? i have given up on this damn thing!!! for sale any1 wanna buy a nice bike located in new york???????????
where in NY?

The flywheel is keyed and will only go on one way. Not sure what you are referring to here. Make sure the stator is lined up by the marks referred to earlier and make sure the key way is in the crankshaft. Then the align the Key way on the crank shaft to the key way slot on the flywheel.