Quick Video Updates - Prep and Training

OffRoad

Hi Guys, it was suggested to me to post some quick video updates of various things like bike set up, trails, training, ect.....I am not good at video editing so dont get your expectations too high, but they say a picture is worth a 1000 words, so i guess a video is even better if u are lazy like me:ride: If u have any suggestions on what u would like to see, let me know please.

Here is a clip of Tire Balls, a secrete weapon for low pressure rock crawling or a gimmick?

Thanks for watching and dont forget to subscribe if u want to be notified of more video updates

Hey Mike, It was a pleasure playing on the hills with you on Sat. I hope the big Coal Hill taught you a few skills that will make your trip more successful. You and your Team Manager are absolute gentleman. It was a pleasure to have spent the day with both of you.

Don

Hey Mike, It was a pleasure playing on the hills with you on Sat. I hope the big Coal Hill taught you a few skills that will make your trip more successful. You and your Team Manager are absolute gentleman. It was a pleasure to have spent the day with both of you.

Don

Don, the pleasure was all mine. U are a real gentleman and tremendous rider, you could have pummeled me right away to the monster climbs, but u moved me gradually, you gave me lots of great advice and confidence to go up and DOWN the hills at Erzberg. Thanks so much for re-arranging your weekend to accommodate my training. You are the Man Of The Mountain! I can see why back in the day you use to overall enduros and give Dick Burlson a run for his money at nationals. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUfMJ2SAltk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qzxfY4z3p4

If i get the time, i will edit some of my crash videos, where the bike and i slide down the hill and pick up speed!

Hey, if anyone knows where i can practice some high speed gravel roads, please let me know, i am really lacking here. Thanks! and dont forget to subscribe!

I started a thread on CCR [ Coal Country Riders ] It is under Ride Dates, Trevorton May 7. You will have to sign up to view. Mike has the support from the members on this site and their are some Pictures of him climbing.

Don

http://www.coalcountryriders.com/index.php

That is pretty cool stuff. You actually seem to be training in conditions that are pretty close to the real deal. I think that for a more of an authentic feel you should have your friends and their bikes stuck in your way blocking the 5 best lines up any hill. Ha ha. I really like this whole deal that you've put together here. Thanks for sharing. Good luck!

That is pretty cool stuff. You actually seem to be training in conditions that are pretty close to the real deal. I think that for a more of an authentic feel you should have your friends and their bikes stuck in your way blocking the 5 best lines up any hill. Ha ha. I really like this whole deal that you've put together here. Thanks for sharing. Good luck!

Actaully that was the plan! we even brought driveway stakes to mark it. Not sure why it didnt happen....we were pretty busy trying all differnt kind of hills then it started to rain...

While i was prepping for a mud race this weekend, i figured i would show u some of my techniques for dealing with mud, including

Goggle Prep with fishing line

Pantyhose Hose over the radiator louvers

Tissues behind the head light

Helmet water proofing

As always, feel free to post comments or contact me. Dont forget to subscribe

I really like the tissue behind the number plate. Going to use it on my street bike right away. Thanks.

Speaking of towels, 1 thing I do is buy a bunch of the cheapest washcloths you can find at your local box store, take 2 or 3 and fold them over twice so they are long and narrow and then loop them around the belt of my fanny pack. That way if you need to remove heavy mud such as when you take a digger in mud, you have something strong and textured to wipe mud off your grips and gloves.

Thier is also a street bike catalog that offers cool thumb wiper that goes over the thumb, comes in a pack of 3 (3 differnt sizes).

Not the most exciting video to watch, but never the less, if u want to see what i think is a good way to practice for Erzberg, i think some high speed gravel roads are important. Before Sunday, i use to avoid Jeep roads like farting during sex :ride: but now that I have a KTM with a 75 + mph top speed (as opposed to a Japanese motocross bike) cruising at top speeds is not very taxing on the motor and can actually be fun. The person who took me here Rob23 is very familiar with all the long jeep roads in the area, and though this may not be just like Erzberg, it is good practice. In fact KLIM and other noteable companies have called upon his services to put together a good trail ride. The only problem with our location was that the road did have an occasional car or bike coming the other way so if I couldn't see around the corner, i had to keep it on the right hand side of the road.

I would say the day was a success. By the end of the day i was comfortable cruising at 6th gear pinned and for me, thats a first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovxtnhoDCEA

Not the most exciting video to watch, but never the less, if u want to see what i think is a good way to practice for Erzberg, i think some high speed gravel roads are important. Before Sunday, i use to avoid Jeep roads like farting during sex :ride: but now that I have a KTM with a 75 + mph top speed (as opposed to a Japanese motocross bike) cruising at top speeds is not very taxing on the motor and can actually be fun. The person who took me here Rob23 is very familiar with all the long jeep roads in the area, and though this may not be just like Erzberg, it is good practice. In fact KLIM and other noteable companies have called upon his services to put together a good trail ride. The only problem with our location was that the road did have an occasional car or bike coming the other way so if I couldn't see around the corner, i had to keep it on the right hand side of the road.

I would say the day was a success. By the end of the day i was comfortable cruising at 6th gear pinned and for me, thats a first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovxtnhoDCEA

:lol::lol::lol:

Any big, nasty boulder training opportunities in your neck of the woods?

Looks like fun! Your hands look steady, a beautiful thing with the new 250's... very little vibration at high speeds. Time to start throwing some 180 turns into the mix! Keep up the good work!

Looks like fun! Your hands look steady, a beautiful thing with the new 250's... very little vibration at high speeds. Time to start throwing some 180 turns into the mix! Keep up the good work!

I really need to get some more videos up, i actually put wheel weights on the rim and balanced it. The bike USE to vibrate horrible on the roads, i was like OMG how am i going to hold onto this beast....videos coming soon....

Yeah, the road needed more turns for sure.....i plan to go out again soon

Here are some of the steps i take to prevent a bike from boiling over. One thing i forgot to mention is that i also use

Boyesen Super-cooler to flow more fluid and also i use

http://www.heatshieldproducts.com/category/motorcycles/1 products to wrap my pipe, airbox, fuel line, gas tank, exhaust and more to keep keep heat from radiating all over my bike....

Protecting a radiator without interfering with the cooling.

Great video Mike ... I'm really enjoying all your vids and I'm sure others are too. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Best of luck this weekend.

Len

Edited by lhoward234