First Ride, TXC-511

I road the 511. BMW should let the Italians do their jobs. I got to go pumpkin! I be back when husqvarna get serious.?

Sounds good, By.

I see you have 4 posts, ALL knocking the 449/511. Interesting. Wondering if an old favorite has a new login.

I got to go pumpkin!

yep, them Indians (Bajaj Auto) can build bikes, did you get a linkage with that?

I see you have 4 posts, ALL knocking the 449/511. Interesting. Wondering if an old favorite has a new login.

?

Maybe you were so effective at shaming him (them?) that they felt the need to create a dummy account, then come back and post their opinion, just to ruffle your feathers! Sounds very plausible in an egocentric-kind of way.

Maybe you were so effective at shaming him (them?) that they felt the need to create a dummy account, then come back and post their opinion, just to ruffle your feathers! Sounds very plausible in an egocentric-kind of way.

I'm real! But I'm not going to buy a bike off of brand loyality. I like companies to compete for my dollar. I work hard for it, so I think it deserve the best that's out there for the time. The 511/449 isn't it!?

I don't follow my father's dreams, I create my own. My dad rode a husky 400 back in the day. And I too was with husqvarna. No company did it better than their SMR line or TE line from 2005-2010. But that was then, and this is now. Their direction went backwards and I'm young enough to see it. I'm not a old white man that doesn't like change.

Their direction went backwards and I'm young enough to see it. I'm not a old white man that doesn't like change.

Your own statement is contradictory. You state that there WAS change (backwards), yet old white guys are still buying these changed bikes.

It doesn't bode well for your statement, but then, I'm sure you knew that.

I agree with you on not buying on brand names, particularly machines as loosely based on the original Swedish machines that your father ROAD.

?

Edited by Tony Williams

Change should always be in a direction that takes us in a progressive state. If it doesn't, then it tells us we did not learn from our past. It seem BMW Changed to make something new as a selling pitch.

If this is their new concept? I know of a Orange and Black company that change because they discovered a new way of doing it better.

The New 511/449 is nightmare to work on compared to the 510/450. And the review were correct, it likes to stand up in low turns! Not to mention there is no skin to keep you pants from going up in smoke. The list to many to list. But this was a backward move oh HUSQVARNA's part. Sorry If any loyal husky fans.?

The New 511/449 is nightmare to work on compared to the 510/450.

Please tell us what work you performed on the bike, and what made that work more difficult.

And the review were correct, it likes to stand up in low turns! Not to mention there is no skin to keep you pants from going up in smoke. The list to many to list.

The correct word is TOO many. I thought you said you road the bike? What review are you referring to? Did you burn your pants? How did it handle on the rode?

Here's my guess. You have never ridden the bike, nor worked on it.

?

@Tony Williams, Your correct I never had to work on it, because its not mine. But I did look it over, view the the owners manual. What i saw was BM-trouble-U:lol:

And yes the correct word was (too many) sorry. But don't you think the correct spelling for your reply should of been rode, Not Road?

Don't hate on me because you were brand loyal. Or I got the new toy before my friends have... Go Honda or KTM, and you will never make that mistake again:thumbsup:

Brother, the review came from dirt rider. It was over the net. I did not pick it up from the store, or a mag. I have no reason lie... Husky 310 and 250 rock! Husky 2 smokes are on point too!!!

But if this 511/449 is what we have in store from BM-trouble-U? I'm out! The pumpkin is call my name. Just maybe BMW will do the right thing and sell there 2010s 510/450 as new model 2012s

@Tony Williams, Your correct ... But don't you think the correct spelling for your reply should of been rode, Not Road?

>>>> YOU ARE.... YOU'RE.... not Your <<<<<

Glad you caught that Road/Rode. Did you like the way I misused it twice in the same reply?

Don't hate on me because you were brand loyal. Or I got the new toy before my friends have... Go Honda or KTM, and you will never make that mistake again:thumbsup:

You make a lot of assumptions; I've owned Honda (my first dirt bike) and KTM. And Kawasaki, and Yamaha (one of each in my garage now). And BMW and Husqvarna.

Thanks for you input on the Husky. Good luck out >>> they're <<<<

Are you a English teacher? Got the feeling you are like Monk... If you have ever seen him? I'm not here to judge. And Huskies are grate bikes. I wanted BMW to make Husqvarna once again a house hold name. Or if they couldn't? Give us good service in strange places.

Ok we have the better service, but the BMW influences is wrong for Husky in my opinion. I'll never part with my 05 Husky SMR 450R.... 2005-2010s should be collected in my opinion. Steal Frames bikes are the best! plus they are lighter than aluminum.

I don't feel what BMW at this point. But 2014 is a new day. Good luck!

Is your name Jim or Marc?

so hard to work on but you have never worked on one. (could be Jim or Marc here)

buy a Honda (Seems like Marc here) or KTM (Jim)... Jim/Marc love child? Glad Honda's start EZ, don't eat valves and don't have air boxes that leak dirt into the motor for years and Honda says "what problem" when the after market builds fixes for the air box issues. You shout KTM and "Change should always be in a direction that takes us in a progressive state"... Seems after 12 years they decided the PDS was not the right direction and now have linkage. Not bashing any bikes just saying blanket statements about any bike these days (as they are all good now) is stupid.

so you saw a BMW influenced bike and the hate started, seems a common problem and NOT in line with your "I don't follow my father's dreams, I create my own" statement when you will not take the time to consider the changes of a radical new bike, learn about them and then make a educated decision on if it works well or not. many of us own them now. Where are the bad reports from the actual owners? They all seem pretty freaking happy to me. Heck Tony's son wins on his on the first race and is doing MX on a TXC. As far as maintaining it, I actually OWN one. 900 miles. EZ to maintain and you know what, needs a lot less tending to than the last platform. No battery ejecting into the air filter like my 06 TC250/300, 08 TXC450, 2010 TXC250. No loose sub frame bolts, sprocket bolts. Oil changes are EZer that previous models, no need to remove the skid plate (side drain on the kick stand side), and oil filter is up high so no need to remove the skid plate for that ether. EFI is 10x better than anything husky ever offered int he past and does not need hours of fixes to make it run right. Air filter is a little harder to get to but stays 3x cleaner so you clean it 3x less so it is actually EZer to do. It also stays out of water, has a VERY high intake so it does not drown out EZ like the older models. CS sprockets will be harder to change but the swing arm bearing will get cleaned and greased every time a CS sprocket is needed so those will outlast the old ones. The CTS performance is well worth any additional effort it take to change a CS sprocket IMHO. Love how the rear end tracks and is planted on this bike. BTW I have no standing up in corners issues and am as fast or faster on this bike than any i have owned. Might take a half a real ride to sort out and capitalizes on the benefits of the design but is far from hard to ride. I would think the self proclaimed GOAT would have no issues when my A-B class riders who have tried it loved it and had no issues with how it handles.

See these are things you KNOW from actually owning the bike. I have 900 miles on mine and like it a good bit better than my MUCH loved 08 TXC450. The nay sayers here just want to say you are brand loyal if you like this bike. It comes from their own hate and prejudgment of BMW. The self proclaimed Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) and his "I don't follow my father's dreams, I create my own" mantra seems completely preoccupied to the fact that BMW owns husky now and we should hate anything BMW influenced. Brilliant.

Proof is in the pudding, read the reports from those that actually own the bike and not the BMW hating speculators / fortune tellers. Please point out all the negative reports from actual customers / owners of these machine. Please. All I can do is find rave / positive reviews (from actual owners not bias mags)

I'll never part with my 05 Husky SMR 450R.... 2005-2010s should be collected in my opinion. Steal Frames bikes are the best! plus they are lighter than aluminum.

the 449/511 is steel framed and I totally agree.

Are you a English teacher? Got the feeling you are like Monk... If you have ever seen him? I'm not here to judge.

oh personal bashing, my favorite. Way to make a point about a bike. ? You should make crazy personal attacks and then when he says something about it act like the victim, thats my favorite tactic.

I wanted BMW to make Husqvarna once again a house hold name. Or if they couldn't? Give us good service in strange places.

Ok we have the better service, but the BMW influences is wrong for Husky in my opinion.

?... What? So we have more race teams, WAY more advertising, more dealers, more service centers, new bikes, much improved bikes, much better build quality, lots more new bikes coming including a 900cc adventure bike, sales booming and company that shows profits when almost ALL others are cutting and struggling and this is "BMW influences is wrong for Husky"... again, Brilliant.

Don't get so smoked up! The Mags are all wrong, and the old men that buy and test these bikes are getting the max out of the performance. So the old men can tell us young men their report diagnosis:lol:

And you think an old fart would win Ryan Vilipoto:thumbsup:

Oh jeez, my first trip over here in days and the first thing I read is this thread... ? Is there some strange mold festering in TT that attracts subhuman life forms with defective brains?

Don't get so smoked up! The Mags are all wrong, and the old men that buy and test these bikes are getting the max out of the performance. So the old men can tell us young men their report diagnosis:lol:

And you think an old fart would win Ryan Vilipoto:thumbsup:

smoked up? Not at all. Just some facts from an actual owner. Sorry to bore you with REAL user info. Move along, noting to see here.

smoked up? Not at all. Just some facts from an actual owner. Sorry to bore you with REAL user info. Move along, noting to see here.

@Ride, seem as tho you have an investment in stock with Husqvarna. If anyone says the wrong thing about a Husky, or something of your none approval, yes about her, it..... you're all over it, like quick!!!!!

You'll kill for Husqvarna:worthy: So your judgement would then have to be invalid.

@Ride, seem as tho you have an investment in stock with Husqvarna. If anyone says the wrong thing about a Husky, or something of your none approval, yes about her, it..... you're all over it, like quick!!!!!

You'll kill for Husqvarna:worthy: So your judgement would then have to be invalid.

Whatever.

ALL 100% of your posts are bashing one bike, Who has the agenda? I have been here since 01 and owned a YZF then. I currently own Huskys, kawasaki's, Yamaha and ATK. So?

Yeah, i am on a HUSKY site and like Huskys, bizarre huh?

Kill for husky, not at all. Like the Brand, thats it.

If anyone says the wrong thing about a Husky, or something of your none approval, yes about her, it..... you're all over it, like quick!!!!!

Really? So when I went on about the battery in the air box, the loosening bolts and not so good EFI I was waving the Husky flag blindly? When I went on and on about the crappy performance of my NEW 09 WR125 and found out the powervalves were wrong from the factory and bitched loud about it it was husky flag waving? No I'm just being realistic and honest about a bike I own. they all have issues, husky might even have a few more than most but I still love how they works and they fit me so I ride them (as well as other brands). You on the other hand blew in here, trashed husky 100% of your posts without even owning or really knowing anything about it and Tony and I try to say what we think based on owning the bikes and we are out of line. Got it.