Sign in to follow this  

'97 RM 125 Facelift in ONE night

Ok so i was bored and decided my bike was too dull for me, so i decided to take on a challenge and give my bike a facelift in one night. So i stripped it down to bare frame, painted my triple tree, black, the frame white (yeah wont stay clean for long, but when it's clean it looks amazing) my bars white and cleaned everything else.

86471900732f13047983150.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4d56e1aab15f13048230060.jpg

34818b51f04713048335730.jpg

and yeah i rattle canned it :thumbsup: i've never had any problems out of rattle canning. new fenders are on the way. just not here yet. what yall think?

I think it would be easier to comment if ya took some larger photos and rotated them buddy

looks good from a distance though

Mod list-

Tag Fat bars and clamps

R304 Shorty

Custom ported cylinder (by me :thumbsup:

Custom milled head (by me also)

renthal grips

top end changed out every 5-7 hours

boyesen reeds

carb tuned and jetted by me

I will say. it's one of the cleanest '97 125's i've ever seen, and it runs well lets just say good hahaha.

I'm not a fan of the white frame but it looks pretty good for a 1 day job.

yeah well i wanted to be different, and thanks.

Nothing wrong with being different. I love my 97 Rm125 but i think i need to get something bigger sometime soon

Nothing wrong with being different. I love my 97 Rm125 but i think i need to get something bigger sometime soon

yeah well here's my bike history.

1st bike-01 yz250

2nd bike-93 yz125

3rd bike-00 KTM250SX

4th Bike-04 CRF250R

5th Bike-01CR125

6th and current bike-97 RM125.

I have always like white on a motocross bike. I like it.

Thanks, and i looked into it and shaved my head a little and polished and refinished it, then i dis assembled my powervalve and shaved them off a little bit and smoothed my exhaust ports out. And i will say i did notice a huge improvement it pulled up in third while i was sitting down and not pulling on the bars with no clutch. just straight power. i am impressed and proud of myself.

damn it man. I guess i need to work my exhaust ports too. My head is milled as well and it will only pull the front tire up with me sitting down in first and second gear. And thats with a 52 tooth rear sprocket and an 18 inch tire. It'll come up in third if i pull on the bars, all with no clutch. Is your bike bored out any?

damn it man. I guess i need to work my exhaust ports too. My head is milled as well and it will only pull the front tire up with me sitting down in first and second gear. And thats with a 52 tooth rear sprocket and an 18 inch tire. It'll come up in third if i pull on the bars, all with no clutch. Is your bike bored out any?

No it's stock bore, i just got my cylinder back from millineum technologies, the top end is 100% fresh, the piston, wring, bearing, and cylinder have less than 7 hours on them. And if your not confident in yourself i wouldnt try to mess with your ports, what i did was RISKY given that i had no tools other than my little dremel haha, I like to learn everything the hard way too, like i've not researched about shaving my powervalve but i figured hell, it makes sense to me, shave the powervalve's down a little bit thus getting the exhaust gases out faster making the bike faster, sure im sure someone will say im wrong but oh well it's ALOT faster than it was, i mean before it was struggling to come up in 2nd with me yanking on the bars with all i got, now she comes STRAIGHT UP with ease. Now if it blows up within my next two races i'll let you know lol.

dang topend every 5-7 hrs, thats like a day of riding...

Bike looks very clean for a 97!

Id love to know how all the paint holds up and what steps you took to prepare the frame and paint etc.

dang topend every 5-7 hrs, thats like a day of riding...

Bike looks very clean for a 97!

Id love to know how all the paint holds up and what steps you took to prepare the frame and paint etc.

well i run practice laps-maybe 2 hours, races-maybe 30+/- minutes total race (depends on indoor or outdoor race lol)

Thanks, I cant stand to have something that's not good looking, i take pride in my bikes, it's really who i am. Heck, i have a 2000 yamaha RT100 and i can make it look like it's fresh off the show room floor lol.

Paint holds up fine, only problem i have ever had was the bars lol when i strap it down i tend to be rough on the bars, but usually if i go down the plastics take all the hit, this is the 2nd rattle can bike I've had and my CR held up just fine, but the handling SUCKED so i got rid of it lol.

I'm surprised that the paint would dry quick enough to do all that in one day?

But, overall she looks great and a job well done

I'm surprised that the paint would dry quick enough to do all that in one day?

But, overall she looks great and a job well done

Thanks. With new fenders she'll look ten times better.