Sign in to follow this  

supermoto boots

so i am on the market for some sumo track boots something not to tall....and that would maybe wear good...i have found some sliders that you can put onto boots i have no problem buying those in time just wondering what is working for you guys.. i'm looking in the 200 dollar range

so i am on the market for some sumo track boots something not to tall....and that would maybe wear good...i have found some sliders that you can put onto boots i have no problem buying those in time just wondering what is working for you guys.. i'm looking in the 200 dollar range

I just read an article about boots, in particular for sumo riding. I wish I could remember where... anyhow, It pretty much stated you get what you pay for, and if you look at a starting grid, everyone is wearing tech 8s. I know its double your price range, but for protecting your feet and legs is pretty important. If you can save a little longer or scratch up some more $$ on a credit card or something, that might be the ticket. If you were talking about street riding only, you could probably save some money, but the track is where quality gear seems to pay for itself.

For your range just get the Astar Tech 3's :confused: they work fine for Sumo. Just when the sole wears out you need to replace the boot :worthy:

I wear the Gaerne SM boots :thumbsup:

Sumo%20boots.jpg

I would suggest, don't rule out the 2nd hand market.

I got a set of NIB Oneil MX boots for $75 from a buddy who just didn't want them.

And boots that have been worn are allready broke in. If you shop with a keen eye, you can get a good used set for well under $100. This also allows you to evaluate things you like about them and things you don't without investing big coin. So when you do have funding for mac-daddy stuff, you'll know what you like instead of rolling the dice with $400+.

Next set of hi-end boots for me are the Sidi Crossfire SRS.

I would suggest, don't rule out the 2nd hand market.

I got a set of NIB Oneil MX boots for $75 from a buddy who just didn't want them.

And boots that have been worn are allready broke in. If you shop with a keen eye, you can get a good used set for well under $100. This also allows you to evaluate things you like about them and things you don't without investing big coin. So when you do have funding for mac-daddy stuff, you'll know what you like instead of rolling the dice with $400+.

Next set of hi-end boots for me are the Sidi Crossfire SRS.

Exactly, I've been looking at used boots with sewn on soles and then get the cobbler to put on these:

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.advancedperformanceaccessories.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154dc6a7db202c8/shopdata/index.shopscript

Uggggggggg, the link doesn't want to work. Click on the "product overview" button on the left and scroll down, vibram supermoto soles with replaceable inserts.