YZ125 question

hey,

this might be a stupid question but anyway.

I hear heaps of people saying that a 125 2 stroke teaches you how to ride properly and become a better rider by always using the clutch to keep it in high revs. and i just wanted to know if its true, because i have a YZ85 and i always have to use the clutch. so isnt a 85 and 125 preety much the same??

Yes, the same just smaller for a smaller rider.

I always heard that too.... I ride woods, and moved from a yz85 to a ktm 200exc.... gotta say, I love not clutching, and i am leaps and bounds faster on my lazy mans 125...

because i want to upgrade to a YZ125 but ive heard its the same as the YZ85 but just with more power, so i now want a YZ250 but i think it will be a bit to much power.

but if i skip the YZ125 then does that mean i wont be as good?? because havent i already learnt how to ride with the clutch and all that on my 85?

If you are just stepping up from an 85 I would recommend getting used to the 125 first.

The 125 will have more power and i've heard it makes you a better rider.

The 125 will have more power and i've heard it makes you a better rider.

ye thats what i mean, the 125 has more power but rides exactly the same as the 85, so im trying to say havnt i already learnt all the stuff that a 125 will teach me?

An 85 to a 125 would be a good move. Sure you could go to a 250, but a 125 is a full size bike and does have a lot of power in some areas. A 250 is not going to be as forgiving if you get in a little trouble (out of control) as a 125. If your talking about racing, for sure take the smaller steps.

An 85 to a 125 would be a good move. Sure you could go to a 250, but a 125 is a full size bike and does have a lot of power in some areas. A 250 is not going to be as forgiving if you get in a little trouble (out of control) as a 125. If your talking about racing, for sure take the smaller steps.

Great advice

i wont be racing, i just practice around on a mx track and ride on a farm

no they are different 125 more broader .powervalve gerbox